Pinion Identification ?

-

pagilman

Reaction score
Hi, Need help on identifying the pinion and ring gear on the left side of pic? The one on the right is an 8 1/4. The splines are different and the one on the left also has a smaller shaft thread. It has these markings on the pinion" 8X35 (asmall logo) 8C 1 17". Can anyone help? Is it a mopar? the ring gear is about 8 inches. Thanks for any input, Walt

Jesus Walt, that set could be out of a 72 Case combine for all we know LOL. Are there any numbers or wording on the OD of the ring gear.

Terry

I agree 100%, there are thousands of different type gear sets.

What does the logo look like?

Chuck

To show my good faith, after I post the logo, i will send the winner who identifies this ring and pinion correctly a 10.00 reward for his genius. walt:violent1:

Walt, what are the teeth count? is it 8 and 35? can you measure both bearing surfaces? and what is the spline count? I leaning towards that it is a Dana ring and pinion. The reason is I believe it could be a Dana is you mentioned once that you purchased it from a guy that said it was an 8 1/4, right? Being you could get Dana and Chrylser 8 1/4s in Jeeps sometimes they get mistaken for one another. I guessing the logo is diamond shape.

Chuck

-
Back