Pinion snubber mount damage

-

Hemiorangeswinger

Dodge Material
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a crushed pinion snubber mount? (The one spotwelded to the car) I'm just curious because I've never heard of it happening or seen any before, except my 1970 340 4 speed swinger. It has the MP adjustable pinion snubber on it, so that's probably why it's damaged... Hitting bumps and bottoming out a lot is my guess? Can launching the car hard over time do this as well?

I already cut one out of my parts car to replace my damaged one. Someone welded a 1/4" plate to the one in my car and it looks terrible! (I'll get a pic of it this weekend) the floor pan is perfect, so I'm lucky there!

10 spotwelds later...
null_zps8eebf98b.jpg

Haha! I never thought of that! My car could of had a few heffers in it while one of the previous owners was banging gears...

I put an ajustable pinion snubber on my 72 Charger and there was a cast iron weight that it hit against, and it hit all the time at the track but it was sure better than snapping ujoints from the change in driveshaft angles. Good tire bite will cause that...Bill

Sounds like it was adjusted too close and the car rode on it and not the spings.
I have seen it before.

-
Back