Pinion snubbers

-

Demonracer

71 Demon 00 Ram 16 Chrysler 300S 05 Caravan
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have 2 pinion snubbers for 8 3/4 third members, they are the same length with the same bolt spacing. One is completely flat & the other has a hump about an inch wide & about 3 1/2 inches long running back from the rubber. Does anyone know why there is a difference between the two?

Do not know why the difference use the one that is about an inch from the body when the car is at rest, weight on the tires.

The rubber portion of both of the snubbers are the same height, only the metal bodies are different shapes.

It’s for strength consideration. When you put that hump in the metal it makes it stronger. I’m sure it was a redesign over the years.

I was just curious, I had never noticed the difference before. I was cleaning up some parts I had stored away to sell & that's when I noticed the two different snubbers. I haven't used a snubber for quite a while, most everything I have run over the past 20 years has either had Caltracs or ladder bars.

If one has a S&M Sticker on it, I want it!
Pinion Snubber.jpg

Stan, mine are just the OEM style snubbers. A friend of mine bought one similar to the picture from Summit for his 72 Duster.

-
Back