Pinks All Out, 71 Valiant

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I just saw the latest Pinks All Out (the only version of Pinks worth watching IMO) and lo and behold a 71 Valiant went all the way to the finals only to lose at 10.04 to a Mustangs 10.01. It was nice to see a Mopar in the finals, especially an A-body. :wav:

I just got done watching the same episode. That was a very close race. I was going nuts. It was good to see a mopar in the finals out of 300 cars. What did he have in it?

svitaks said:
I just got done watching the same episode. That was a very close race. I was going nuts. It was good to see a mopar in the finals out of 300 cars. What did he have in it?

I don`t know,did they ever say?

just finished watching that show too! great race!
nice looking car too

The Torque Munster is running a big block but I forgot what he said it was. Him and several other Mopars come out of Lousiana to my local track on a regular basis. All running in the 10's and 9's with most of them being big blocks. They all seem like a great bunch of guys.

The front license plate on the Valiant said "INDY", assumed it was a big block.

Longgone said:
I just saw the latest Pinks All Out (the only version of Pinks worth watching IMO) and lo and behold a 71 Valiant went all the way to the finals only to lose at 10.04 to a Mustangs 10.01. It was nice to see a Mopar in the finals, especially an A-body. :wav:

I think I recall one the guys on the Valiant team say "Out of the junkyard and on to the track, I don't think we did too bad". LOL! A man after my own heart. The kid did seem to need the cash and the driver of the Valiant was a true gentleman.

On a side note, I'm embarassed to admit that I do watch Pinks like watching train wreck, I just cant help it! On a recent episode, the bald guy (Stephen Pullin?) wipes out on a sport bike on camera and ends up in the ambulance! Then, once he gets his road rash taken care of, he says he's been riding since he was 5. Bullshit. Anyone with any experience knows that that you never hammer on any bike on the road with a cold rear tire, even more so at night when there may be condensation.

yes i was bored,,and fliping thru the channels,,,seen it also,,,was great,, there was a road runner also in the final 16 cars,,but he had a oil pressure sending unit go bad on the starting line,,leaking oil,,,tuff break,,may of been an all mopar final,,,,,yes i think the as they referred to it on pinks,,the little plymouth that could,,,had an indy head motor in it,,,KOOOOOOL man

ramcharger said:
I think I recall one the guys on the Valiant team say "Out of the junkyard and on to the track, I don't think we did too bad". LOL! A man after my own heart. The kid did seem to need the cash and the driver of the Valiant was a true gentleman.

On a side note, I'm embarassed to admit that I do watch Pinks like watching train wreck, I just cant help it! On a recent episode, the bald guy (Stephen Pullin?) wipes out on a sport bike on camera and ends up in the ambulance! Then, once he gets his road rash taken care of, he says he's been riding since he was 5. Bullshit. Anyone with any experience knows that that you never hammer on any bike on the road with a cold rear tire, even more so at night when there may be condensation.
yeah he made a jerk out of himself, lmao

I was there in Houston for that race. Talk about being pumped up. I was told he was running a 440 indy head motor. That was some good racing .

That was a great episode. Of course, I was cheering for the Mopar, but I kind of cheered for the kid too. Both teams were pretty cool.

Yah it was good. Too bad or perhaps he had one too many hotdogs....he was a big man! :)

69signetv8 said:
Yah it was good. Too bad or perhaps he had one too many hotdogs....he was a big man! :)

could have been a few extra HP for a different drive huh

mikelbeck said:
I love watching that show... most of the racers are idiots, either have no idea how to drive, think they're so much faster than they are or spend the whole time complaining about how the other guy is cheating.

I posted this a while ago, this is pretty much what I see each week:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=106865&postcount=33

That link is so true :) and the reason why (IMO) Pinks All Out is the only one to watch.

-
Back