Pinks all out at Bandimere

-
Well they were not looking for any 19.50 cars so I will not be racing...LOL. I hope to score a ticket so I can watch though.

Bandimere Speedway is in Colorado just west of Denver in a town call Morrison. It sits right up against the foothills (the start of the mountains for those of you not from the area) I looked at their web site and found this picture. It looks cooler in person though. The dates are Aug. 8-9.

Bandimere.jpg

August 8th I believe. Website was jammed at the 9:00 am entry sign up a couple of weeks ago, and then I found out they started selling entries at 8:45 am. There is a drawing for 25 more cars you can fill out at the Bandimere office, not sure when it closes. 13.99 and quicker, however, my 12 sec street car is probobly not what they are looking for just judging from the shows I have watched. I will probobly be a spectator.

I'd like to be there as a spectator. I have nothing yet that runs in the 9.00 to 11.00 range.

I went up there yesterday to get some fuel. There is a box for entries in the office with only a few entries in it. They are taking 25 more cars. 12.99 & quicker. There are plenty of spectator tickets available. $30.00!! Track looks good, they concreted it to at least half track and repaved the rest. I guess they have to pay for all that concrete!

$30 bucks!?!! Yikes! I'd like to take to my daughter, did you happen to notice if there was a kids discount?

That is costly for spectator tickets, Pinks all out is going to be at Infineon Raceway in September. Tickets were just $14 each and you got a free kids tickets for every adult ticket that was purchased.

August 8th I believe. Website was jammed at the 9:00 am entry sign up a couple of weeks ago, and then I found out they started selling entries at 8:45 am. There is a drawing for 25 more cars you can fill out at the Bandimere office, not sure when it closes. 13.99 and quicker, however, my 12 sec street car is probobly not what they are looking for just judging from the shows I have watched. I will probobly be a spectator.

Wow,9 a.m. sign up..thats a lot better then the 1 a.m. sign up they had for e-town...

I went up there yesterday to get some fuel. There is a box for entries in the office with only a few entries in it. They are taking 25 more cars. 12.99 & quicker. There are plenty of spectator tickets available. $30.00!! Track looks good, they concreted it to at least half track and repaved the rest. I guess they have to pay for all that concrete!

How much was fuel?

Track looks good, they concreted it to at least half track and repaved the rest. I guess they have to pay for all that concrete!

I just checked out Bandimere's website. They just put in a "Starting Line Cooling System" under the track to drop track temps, It's supposed to be the first of it's kind.

I just checked out Bandimere's website. They just put in a "Starting Line Cooling System" under the track to drop track temps, It's supposed to be the first of it's kind.

When I went to their Racer's Expo they had pics and talked about that, I think it is under the first 300 feet.

105 Sunoco was $6.40/gal and it is going up, just like everything else. Maybe I'll start mixing it 70/30 with the 91 swill pump gas!

Great info guys. Bandimere is the best and I'm glad to see improvements being done. There was talk of closing the track due to idiots building high dollar home within ear-shot then having the balls to ***** about the noise. Reminded me of the same idiots that build near the airport then complain. I always try to go to Mopars on the Mountain but this year I'll be cruising to Branson for the MECCA show the taking part in the Cruise across Kansas on the way back.
I went a couple of years ago to Mopars on the Mountain and they had to be close to 600 cars and the great thing is you get to run them not just look at them like most shows.
Another great event is The Night of Fire and Thunder. I went a couple of years ago and the temp on the tower said 56*. They brought up 2 jet cars and after they blew by the tower temp was 117*. What a show.
Any of you Denver guys have a list of shows in the area this summer?
Jim

I was stationed in Denver, CO (Aurora) back in 2000-2002. It was a blast and I loved it out there. Who can complain about 300+ days of sunshine a year. I went to a lot of races at Badimere. It was always a great time. Lots of Mopars out there. I hope to make it back out there someday even if for nothing more then a NHRA event or another all Mopar event. I loved watching the cars attack the mountain, even if it cost them a little E.T.

Another great event is The Night of Fire and Thunder. I went a couple of years ago and the temp on the tower said 56*. They brought up 2 jet cars and after they blew by the tower temp was 117*. What a show.

When I was stationed out there two of my buddies drove out from Michigan and spent two weeks at my house out there. We spent time downtown going to all the shops, stores and resturaunts, Elich Gardens and the usual attractions. I also took them to The Night of Fire and Thunder. What an awesome show!! It ranked about .0005 points directly behind the moto1.net NHRA nationals in Richmond, VA my father and I went to in 1999 or 2000.
Bandimere put on a great show, motorcycle stunt team (before they were all on TV), 300 MPH jet cars, and a lot of other cool stuff. One guy went for the record and they lit these bomb type fireworks all the way down the track (along sode of the car). Everyone enjoyed themselves. I really miss being 20 minutes from a dragstrip, let alone a NHRA, forward thinking, professional group like Bandimere crew.

Any of you Denver guys have a list of shows in the area this summer?

Funny you should mention it, but while they were out there we went to a show at the Arvada Center. Awesome show. There was an authentic 427 Cobra there, and brand new (at the time) Lambo Diablo, and lots of awesome Mopars.

We took our 1969 Road Runner 440 auto to another show, but I can't remember where it was. I thought it was relatively close to the Arvada Center too, but then I kinda think it was more towards Westminster. It was at a park. This too was a great show. When we were leaving I pulled up to a light next to a medium blue metallic 1969 Dodge Daytona. Thats right, cruising in it. He says "nice 'runner" I was in awe at his car. It was the real deal with the sought after badge between the door scoops. I said the only thing I could think of "2-4 bbls.?" "Yep" was his reply and the light turned green. That was incredible. My only encounter with a 426 HEMI on the street.

I honestly can't remember when they were but very nice shows. My memory is very poor and I can't remember peoples names, my keys, or what I am doing half the time, but I still remember all the cars I looked at out there and an idea of where they are/were. One time I found a 1971 Challenger R/T 340 in the paper and went to look at it. It was a purple and white car for $2,500.00 but the body was really rough. I look over through the yards and two houses down sits a 1969 Dodge Charger which looked very nice even though it had been sitting outside for a long time.

MVR Corp,

Here's a few pics of last years Night Of Fire & Thunder. Note the temp on the tower! Here's their website and you can find a schedule here: http://www.bandimere.com/

Daniel,

You're right, it's really a great facility with a great view to boot.

tempsmall.JPG

smalljetfire1.JPG

smalldakotafire.JPG

lastfire.JPG

Thanks Ramcharger, Now that's what I'm talking about.

We took our 1969 Road Runner 440 auto to another show, but I can't remember where it was. I thought it was relatively close to the Arvada Center too, but then I kinda think it was more towards Westminster. It was at a park. This too was a great show. When we were leaving I pulled up to a light next to a medium blue metallic 1969 Dodge Daytona. Thats right, cruising in it. He says "nice 'runner" I was in awe at his car. It was the real deal with the sought after badge between the door scoops. I said the only thing I could think of "2-4 bbls.?" "Yep" was his reply and the light turned green. That was incredible. My only encounter with a 426 HEMI on the street.
That through back from the 60s would be Bob Kerbs, great guy. I have known him for 30+ years. Just a little info, He is the original owner of that car and still has to this day. And yes he is not afraid to drive it.

MVR are you going to the Show in Grand Juntion over the 4th of July? Good show on the grass. Dave

Wow what a small Mopar world we live in. Original owner of a HEMI wing car? Now that is awesome! I do not think anyone beleives me when I tell that story. I was young (~20 years old) back then and I still love telling that one.
Is Bob Kerbs a member on here?
Tell him thanks for being a true/cool car guy and I love his car, even though I vaguely it's details.
My now ex-wife had a 1969 Road Runner that had a 440 Super Commando in it (originally 383 car) with headers and a big exhaust when I forst met her. It was an automatic and had the usual orange color paint with the dual black stripes on the hood and a black bench seat interior. I loved driving that car everywhere in Colorado. Her dad had a red 1968 Road Runner that was a real 440 4-speed car. I have no idea whatever happened to these two cars...
I was serving uncle sam in the US Army and was stationed at Buckely Air Force Base from 2000-2002.

Any pictures of the Daytona? I'd love to be able to at the very least show my dad this thread and a few pictures of the car to validate my story..LOL.

[email protected]
daniel_depetro @yahoo.com (without the space before the @)

Wow what a small Mopar world we live in. Original owner of a HEMI wing car? Now that is awesome! I do not think anyone beleives me when I tell that story. I was young (~20 years old) back then and I still love telling that one.
Is Bob Kerbs a member on here?
Tell him thanks for being a true/cool car guy and I love his car, even though I vaguely it's details.
My now ex-wife had a 1969 Road Runner that had a 440 Super Commando in it (originally 383 car) with headers and a big exhaust when I forst met her. It was an automatic and had the usual orange color paint with the dual black stripes on the hood and a black bench seat interior. I loved driving that car everywhere in Colorado. Her dad had a red 1968 Road Runner that was a real 440 4-speed car. I have no idea whatever happened to these two cars...
I was serving uncle sam in the US Army and was stationed at Buckely Air Force Base from 2000-2002.

Any pictures of the Daytona? I'd love to be able to at the very least show my dad this thread and a few pictures of the car to validate my story..LOL.

[email protected]
daniel_depetro @yahoo.com (without the space before the @)

Here are a couple of pics, not the best, but it is all I can find right now. I did not take the pics.

018.jpg

107.jpg

-
Back