Pinks tomorrow night 9pm eastern on speed channel

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
Back in October a friend of mine threw together a car with help from a few of us to get on the show pinks. I had a chance to help out so my ugly mug will get some TV time tomorrow. I watched the traps to spot lengths etc, and then was at the negotiations with a bunch of other people. My friends name is Mike Boccella and he's driving a green and gold fox body mustang that my buddy painted (same guy who's helping paint my dart right now). Anyway if any of you watch the show or are interested it is airing tomorrow night 9pm eastern on the speed channel. Someone told me they sometimes show the past weeks episode till 9:30 then show the new one. Anyway we're the one with the mustang racing the camaro. And to all of you die hards who are saying wtf didn't we use a Mopar, it was all about time and money! 2 of us have darts and Mike has a 69 Camaro pro street and none of us wanted to risk losing our beasts over some car show. So we offered up a sacrificial ford in the name of fun, LOL. Hope you like it....

Nice, hope you enjoy. We pulled some good wheel stands and had some good fun arguing with the competition.

abodyjoe said:
what track?? was it atco? if so do you happen to know moe keys ??
Yes it was at Atco back in October. I don't think I know Moe Keys but I did get introduced to a bunch of people, but I'm not good with names better with faces.
We won, the other car sent a rod out through his oil pan after warming up his tires before the 3rd run, game over!n

1972Dart said:
Yes it was at Atco back in October. I don't think I know Moe Keys but I did get introduced to a bunch of people, but I'm not good with names better with faces.
We won, the other car sent a rod out through his oil pan after warming up his tires before the 3rd run, game over!n

only reason i asked is because he just told me that it was on also and he was there and knew the guy in the mustang....

What I don`t get is ,your car title is at stake, and they have some guy up there dropping his arms for a start? They need a tree real bad!

it was a great show tonight im a pinks-a-holic so i look foward to it every week.... and to 66 valiant there he does mean RISKING the mopar..... my thing is there is always SOMEONE out there that can beat you and that person might just be the one mustang or camaro or trans am that you just put your pink slip up for..... so putting a mopar there would be taking a big risk especially with what most of those guys are running.... there is always that RISK ya know

I'm not really a Ford fan; but those "pro five ohhh" cars are amazing! That forst run torqued the car so hard he opened the trunk lid! (I gotta get back to the show now) VERY cool! :thumblef:

just watched it myself... both cars seem to really be fast but what good are they if you can only get two runs out of them?? looked like alot of thrown together junk out there to me...

I usually dont watch, but seen it was from Atco, I'm 1 mile from the track...so I watched.. that mustang launches for sure!

BIG DISSAPPOINTMENT! Mustang man could not launch to save his life. If he dropped his rpms a little to keep his car straight, he probably would have got off the line quicker and not waist his time struggleing to keep it in his lane. Both men should have taken the time to build their cars right but all in all its just another brick in the wall.

They NEED to stiffen that stang up also! That might keep it alittle more straight. Seems to me, on every show someone is always broke! What the hell is up with that? They built the cars for the show and they break rite away. Or is that part of the game??????????????????

To me it's just like all of the other reality shows, it's all about the trash talking, it's what sells tickets though. Just not my bag.

I'm not real sure I'd put down a bunch of time and money to put a car on that show, either. Who wants to build the best car they possibly can and then lose it after two runs? I'm a fan of the show although the "negotiations" get a bit trying. What type of car did your buddy run against? I've seen a couple Stangs but I'm not sure if it was him or not.

that was a great episode! it is a shame how it had to end the way it did for both guys. tough to lose like that, and tough to take the win like that. i think i would have called it a draw and brought both guys back for another battle.i guess it is the chance you take though........

abodyjoe said:
just watched it myself... both cars seem to really be fast but what good are they if you can only get two runs out of them?? looked like alot of thrown together junk out there to me...

Well I'm glad most of you enjoyed the show. But let me clear the air real quick...I said we threw the car together and I mean threw it together inside of a few weeks. None of us are independently wealthy and use our "play" money for OUR cars. The car started out as a 6cyl junker behind the garage. We plucked the motor and dropped in a 302 that another guy had from his mustang from when he swapped motors. Kept the stock driveshaft and rear in the car (7 1/4 I believe). Tiny is all I know, and we didn't want to put any money into a spool or posi cause it was a one legger so we welded the spider gears to make it solid. S&W is right down the road so got a role cage from them and welded it in. Then cut and I mean cut everything out of the car to lighten it. And NO we didn't even have time nor care to install frame connectors to stiffen it up. Oh yeah, Mike put on a nice carb he had to get some more fuel to it. Did some other odds and ends stuff and then sprayed the living piss out of it with NOS. My buddy Denny did the body work and painted it in a 1 week after work! And as you saw we didn't even take time to remove the sun roof and weld the hole shut, lol. So yeah it was thrown together from a bunch of guys who like to race and wanted some tv time and the challenge of throwing something together to do it without having to take a serious hit to our wallets in the process.
Pinks didn't take time to explain what went on and made it look like we were both hard broke. Not the case. They sent a rod out of the oil pan, game over. Brian (driver of the white camaro) thought we hard broke and for some dumb reason thought he could do a bye run and win??? We blew a radiator hose off, that's it. It was so close to the end all we did was cut the end off and re clamp it. So yes thrown together but it hooked hard, we got tv time and put Pottstown PA on the map. Hope some of you can get together and do a similar thing, it's alot of fun. They edit alot of **** though and that sucks!!

-
Back