Pipe Size?

-

73NorthernDuste

Reaction score
I am swapping my 225 for a 360. The slant had a dual exhaust system with 2 inch pipe all the way back except for the mufflers which are 2.25 in and out.

For the 360 I have 340 exhaust manifolds with 2.5 inch head pipes. My question is, if I keep the 2 inch pipe after the mufflers will it make a big difference in horsepower. The system is all mandrel bent stainless so I would like to use as much of the old system to save $$$ if possible.

I read going down to a smaller pipe after the mufflers helps speed up the flow but I am not sure if going from 2.5 to 2.25 mufflers then down to 2 inch pipes will work and sound ok? Thanks for any input

Brent.

It should work fine. It might not be the "best" for maximum power but its not like your leaving a ton of power on the table.

I feel that larger pipe has more of an echo effect thrown into the exhaust note. smaller 2" pipe seems to take that echo out of it some.

I'm actually running a full 2" system out of stock manifolds and into noname glasspacks behind my 318. I found it used for a good deal otherwise i think i would have went a bit bigger. It has a really nice sound.

-
Back