piston machining for floating pins

-

big66440

Reaction score
Does anyone know if "press fit" pistons can have the grooves cut to install floating pins,I'm assuming the length of the wrist pin will have to be shorter to fit,anyone ever heard of this or done it? thanks.

ummm,,,approx 200$ difference from floating to press fit for the application.

easier assembly dissasembly,besides I already have bushed rods and for some dumb *** reason the company that makes the replacements offers them as press fit only,when the engine came equipped with floating pins????

Thanks a million!!! is this in canada? (I noticed you have the canadian flag,,,love the Crown Royal :-D:-D:-D)

BJR racing is in dallas georgia,mrmopartech
Even though I am in canada,I send my parts to georgia to have them done right the first time and for a good price,with no problems.
Its a chrysler 300 4 door sedan

Are you sure they dont already have the grooves? Most poerformance pistons will, and the stock engines that had them should too. What kind of pistons are we talking? Between getting the locks and cutting the grooves (never mind shippin) it may be cheaper to buy the right pistons.

These are federal mogul 273 pistons thank you all for your input but I've decided to go with a 318 instead,your all right as far as shipping,machining costs go it's tooooo much trouble, I know the egge L2221,2bbl pistons and L2222,4bbl pistons are already machined for the locks but weight a ton!!! (L2222's with pins= 652 grams!!!) and the cost factor to build a 273 isn't worth it,thank you all again.

-
Back