piston rings

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have this stock slant 6 tore down putting rods and mains in it and I might as well do the rings also. what would be the best rings to put in it. This is a stock slant 6 with about 65000 miles on it. Cast or moly. what brand. Do you have a part #. I have used Mahle before but this slant 6 is new to me. I want to stay stock. Thanks,Bill

id still measure it all up (or take it in to a machine shop and have them) measure it all up and make sure it wont all be for nothing..... if the bores are egg shaped or tapered you'll be repeating the job sooner than later/

I would have the machine shop hone it for you and get there opinion. they have there face in it all day and would be the best to judge

I would have the machine shop hone it for you and get there opinion. they have there face in it all day and would be the best to judge

you guys are not reading the question. The question was what brand of rings are you guys using on a std bore engine. would you do cast or moly. I am past the machine shop and the honing. I just wanted to see what brand rings that others have had success with. I went with NOS perfect Circle. Thanks Rob.

you guys are not reading the question. The question was what brand of rings are you guys using on a std bore engine. would you do cast or moly. I am past the machine shop and the honing. I just wanted to see what brand rings that others have had success with. I went with NOS perfect Circle. Thanks Rob.
Yep, they should be fine. As I posted in halfafish's thread, just be very attentive to precisely what style top & 2nd, side up, & orientation & You'll be golden. Oh, & patience. Some shops put a bit of chamfer on the bores, which can pinch/**** a band-type ring compressor, letting a ring sneak out as You're tapping.....I've seen some ****-shows when guys get in a hurry....including gouged bores & even one kept pounding enough he couldn't get the piston back out! Lol!! Look forward to seeing Your progress, peace!

Yep, they should be fine. As I posted in halfafish's thread, just be very attentive to precisely what style top & 2nd, side up, & orientation & You'll be golden. Oh, & patience. Some shops put a bit of chamfer on the bores, which can pinch/**** a band-type ring compressor, letting a ring sneak out as You're tapping.....I've seen some ****-shows when guys get in a hurry....including gouged bores & even one kept pounding enough he couldn't get the piston back out! Lol!! Look forward to seeing Your progress, peace!

Yeah, I learned a long time ago that you dont get in any hurry while in an engine .Much easier when it is on the stand than back in the car.

-
Back