Pit Bulls are....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Pure evil....folks that belive this should stop believing what they read...and get involved with a Pit...

Attachments

• 20151029_182817.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 326
Here is my blue nose rescue. He is about 5 now. I got him at 8 weeks.

Attachments

• 2015-03-14 07.48.42.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 327
most loyal is a better term. my pit Blazer is the best dog I've owned, a gentle baby and protective at the same time. he loves kids as if they were his own.

I know exactly what you mean. Ours is the same way. Had him about 3 years.

Attachments

• IMG_20141231_234141.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 301
BTW the large Kong Ball/Cone things are the only toy George can't destroy in less then 10 mins. They are $25 but worth it.

BTW the large Kong Ball/Cone things are the only toy George can't destroy in less then 10 mins. They are $25 but worth it.

lol, Yep our Ziggy has a the red Kong with some dangling belts so we can play tug-o-war. He loves it and it is the only thing that lasted.

This is good to know. Thanks!
We have the very same problem with Max (the Akita in my avatar) He's wrecked toys in the back of the car before we even got home from the store!
Aren't dogs great!!!! We have a second one coming.

Ted

My friend Doug's two pit bulls are real sweet hearts. They always greet me at the door and drownd me in kisses...

Here is my blue nose rescue. He is about 5 now. I got him at 8 weeks.

Gorgeous pup. Nice to see another one with natural ears. Kongs are pretty much the only thing that survives with our Redbones. Although Azul did wreck a brand new one, think it was the biggest they sell, in under an hour.
If you don't mind me asking....your pup have any health issues? Don't remember exactly what the vet said. Something along the lines of the gene that gives them the beautiful color and eyes is a mutated gene. She mentioned a few things we would have to watch for. Miss Daisy has (had) a mild case of mange of some sorts. She had a very thin dandruff type of flakes around the edges of her ears. Vet said she has seen several Blue Noses with a lot of fur missing from it. We're told that she will outgrow it. She gave us some Goodwinol ointment, seems to be working well.

Sadly I listened to a lot of the haters and was a bit concerned about getting her, which was pretty stupid of me.

Wouldn't know, they are banned here. More stupidity.

Our westie Sammy destroys toys in no time too. Must be the terrier in him. Now we have two Westies. What were we thinking?!?

Steve

Are ..... well....... absolutely ferocious lol. My lil 50 lb pocket pit we rescued. She's a sweetheat!

Attachments

• 20151030_101131.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 247
Gorgeous pup. Nice to see another one with natural ears. Kongs are pretty much the only thing that survives with our Redbones. Although Azul did wreck a brand new one, think it was the biggest they sell, in under an hour.
If you don't mind me asking....your pup have any health issues? Don't remember exactly what the vet said. Something along the lines of the gene that gives them the beautiful color and eyes is a mutated gene. She mentioned a few things we would have to watch for. Miss Daisy has (had) a mild case of mange of some sorts. She had a very thin dandruff type of flakes around the edges of her ears. Vet said she has seen several Blue Noses with a lot of fur missing from it. We're told that she will outgrow it. She gave us some Goodwinol ointment, seems to be working well.

Sadly I listened to a lot of the haters and was a bit concerned about getting her, which was pretty stupid of me.

I think it is a double recessive gene they bread them for that. Thanks. He has been healthy. I have had a few scares. One hematoma which was like $175 for Dr and Meds. One bump that they thought was cancer. It wasn't and went away. Scary though.

I had a pit before this one had bad mange as a pup. He also had a lot of fatty tumors and eventually died of cancer at 13.

Good looking pup. Great dogs.

Lots of nice looking pups in this thread! inkjukie: I'm glad you ended up getting your pit. Ignore the ignorance that the hater spew. She'll be one of the best dogs you'll ever have.

Question-

What foods are you guys feeding your pits? My pit/boxer mix (like many) has some persistent allergies. I've been trying to find a good food that works with her system. She's on Nutro now, but still seems to itch at times.

0518131917_zps3trplaty.jpg

We have always had pits of one kind or another in the family............
By far loyal and trustworthy if brought up properly.

Choppers is starting to get a little long in the tooth, we are currently looking for a Choppers mini-me to bring into the fold.

Black Mouth Cur / Pit mix

Attachments

• CHOPS 022 (Small).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 241
  • CHOPS 002 (Small).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 251
  • CHOPS2 (Small).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 252
Lots of nice looking pups in this thread! inkjukie: I'm glad you ended up getting your pit. Ignore the ignorance that the hater spew. She'll be one of the best dogs you'll ever have.

Question-

What foods are you guys feeding your pits? My pit/boxer mix (like many) has some persistent allergies. I've been trying to find a good food that works with her system. She's on Nutro now, but still seems to itch at times.

0518131917_zps3trplaty.jpg

I don't know about the food, but that's one beautiful dog you have there!

Daisy, one of our Coonhounds Azul and the little poops hooter is Shelby. Shelby is a American Bull Dog Psycho Killer mix...
Question about food and allergies...interested in seeing what others have to say...

Attachments

• 20151030_074844.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 249
Not a pit but a bull. I like all Bull dogs. Got some good posse's with Raisin's from my trail mix the other night.

Attachments

• IMG_20151030_125636.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20151030_125559.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 229
My dogs have really good skin. I will get the name of the food tonight. I always forget it. I also know it is good to stick with one food and not switch brands. So find a good food that works to keep your dogs skin healthy with no hot spots etc and stick with it.

I've never had a bull dog of any type that didn't have sensitive skin. A full blood Boxer I had was about the best as far as skin issues go but she was still sensitive. Definitely could not bath them as much as I would like.

When I was a kid we got an English Pitt mix. At first my mom hated it, with the teeth sticking out and all the snorting, but she soon fell in love with. Not knowing any better she would bath it a couple times a week and put perfume on it. Soon after she had to have allergy medicine.

I don't know about the food, but that's one beautiful dog you have there!

Thanks! All the dogs in this thread are awesome looking dogs. If all someone new about pits was what they read in the media, they'd think they are pure evil. That ignorance is pretty "pitiful." Haha get it? pitiful...

I've never had a bull dog of any type that didn't have sensitive skin. A full blood Boxer I had was about the best as far as skin issues go but she was still sensitive. Definitely could not bath them as much as I would like.

That's very true. For some reason, all the pitty breeds seem to have sensitive skin and skin allergies. I've had good luck with grain-free type dry dog foods. The kinds that get their carbs from sweet potatoes instead of rice or other grains work well. Just curious what other here have had success with.

Here's my girl Lucy. She's part pit bull and part black lab. Her main problem is that she loves too much. She is a little over protective of us and has nipped a few new people for no reason other than being on a leash and someone walked up near her. She generally loves people and other dogs. She eats Tractor Supply's brand of a lamb and Rice. She loves it and gets a great coat with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 188
you just never really know......

My GSD hasn't a mean bone in her body, no muzzle at the vet or groomer. But come into my wifes work when she "on the job"....get out of line she's threatening to take a limb off. NO ONE...messes around near the dog!

My neighbor has a Pomerainian (sp?).....muzzled when out....will bit anything that moves!

Attachments

• p1010008.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 169
-
Back