Pittsburgh Raceway Park

-

Jamakin

Reaction score
I was at PRP yesterday, pretty amazing how many mopars turned out. It was a great day at the track but the track was horrible. I didn't have a car there but a couple buddies did. Didn't seem like anybody was getting traction.

If I only make one race a year, it's the Curt George Memorial Mopar race at PRP.They do a good job and have a large turn out with some fine Mopars. Some are cars that I raced against more than 35 years ago are still out there pounding the track.
The track will forever be known as "Keystone" to me. As a boy of 10 years old,the first drag race ever witnessed was at the now long gone,Pittsburgh International Dragway.Most of my time growing up was spent at Keystone on the weekends with my older brothers racing my Dads 68 Coronet R/T.Been hooked ever since.......

I went to WyoTech out there and loved go to the track. We got in free. I graduated in august and Im back home.

It was a great day at the track but the track was horrible. Didn't seem like anybody was getting traction.

Wonder why? We haven't had rain recently so the track shoulda been good.
I'm not that far from the track and only made it out there one time this year.

I think it was just to cold in the morning around 2 is started getting better but traction at the line was still hit and miss. My buddy took his cougar up and he was running very low 12's a few weeks ago with no traction lose at the line. Yesterday it was spinning the whole 60feet and couldn't touch 12's

Seem even the slick cars would hook up and then fish tale. It was still a good day though

I went down the track for the first time in my life this year.. it was fun...

Attachments

• et slip.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 208
-
Back