Pivot shaft installation

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
Well my tires was wearing funny and found out my lower control arm bushings was wore out. I have tore everything apart and have a PST kit that will be here today. I rebuilt a Charger front end once but it's been many moons ago so I have a question.

Do you press the pivot shaft into the LCA bushing first and then press the bushing into the LCA or vice versa?

Just thinking that it would be better to press the shaft in first while having something underneath the inner part of the bushing.

It can be done either way. I press the pin in the bushing first the use a piece of pipe long enough to clear the pin when pressing the assemby in the lower arm.
I suggest you wait until the new bushings arrive before removing the outermost bushing shell from the arm. Some aftermarket bushings dont include that outer shell ( so I've read ). Have fun

It can be done either way. I press the pin in the bushing first the use a piece of pipe long enough to clear the pin when pressing the assemby in the lower arm.
I suggest you wait until the new bushings arrive before removing the outermost bushing shell from the arm. Some aftermarket bushings dont include that outer shell ( so I've read ). Have fun

Thanks Ben

I can't believe 36 people that viewed this didn't know anything but my friend that lives just up the road from me answers it! LOL!

Yeah the kit got here today and the bushing does have the outer shell. I just couldn't remember which was the best way to install it.

Thanks!

Sorry man, I forgot how I did mine, too many years ago.

I have the entire article from Mopar action or Muscle that did a step by step A body duster front end rebuild with all the easy , little tricks like welding a fat washer to the LCA bushing cup to have something to press against to easily pop it out in a shop press.
For the life of me, I can't find that article and I swear it was the best do it yourself article I ever capitalized on.

Sorry man, I forgot how I did mine, too many years ago.

I have the entire article from Mopar action or Muscle that did a step by step A body duster front end rebuild with all the easy , little tricks like welding a fat washer to the LCA bushing cup to have something to press against to easily pop it out in a shop press.
For the life of me, I can't find that article and I swear it was the best do it yourself article I ever capitalized on.

I'm little embrassed now!!

Look what I just found....

http://www.p-s-t.com/skins/Articles/MoparMuscle_May1999.pdf

The answer to ALL my questions. Was this the article maybe? There is another one on PST website under "Magazine articles" tab on the left.

-
Back