Planning the work.

-

65_valiant

Reaction score
I posted this in another section and for some reason it all got compressed into a huge run on paragraph..... Hope this is straighten out, if not sorry!Ok, so. I'm sitting here thinking about the things that need done to the signet and realize that the best angle is to plan out a flow for the work. I'll list out the things that need done, in no particular order. I would like some of your wisdom, experience and input in laying out what jobs will be best to start first and which are to be left for later. And here we go;1. Remove motor/trans2. Pull interior. Not carpet unless it is NOT glued to the floor.3. Remove wiring, and I’m talking all of it. Headlight to tail light. I do NOT want to put work into this car just to have it burn to the ground because I was lazy and trusted nearly 50 year old wiring...4. Patch trunk extensions/bottom of qtr. panels5. Brake lines pulled and cleaned, reuse or should i bend new?6. Fuel, lines pulled an cleaned, also reuse or bend new?7. There is a leak at the front passenger firewall, i don't know what is causing it whether it be wipers arm seals, rotted cowl or leaking windshield stripping.8. I have a 4-speed from a 64 cuda along with the z-bar and most of the things that I need to convert from the 904. I will need some things, and have no problem buying what I need as time goes, need for parts arise. The motor currently in the car will be going back in and it was what the 4-speed had mated to previously, so yes it does have the correct crank for the Trans.9. Stronger rear, the 7 1/4 won’t cut the mustard... Would love to get a good solid 8 3/4, but let’s be honest, they are expensive and I'm not going to be doing a whole lot of 4k dumps on the street. Would love to stay all MoPAR, but an 8.8 from a ranger fully set with rear discs in obtainable for under 700 around here. I’ll move the springs inboard while the work for the rear happens.This is what I can think of right now. Are there other things that I can/should do while in any of these particular areas? My goal is to get her back on the street, I don’t need to race it or win any car shows. Also if there are recommendations to what aftermarket parts to use, or tools that make any of these jobs easier, then please do mention that also. BTW, there is no Time frame for completion here. This is going to be what I do when mommas home with the boy and I can tinker.

-
Back