Plastic Models Kits..?

-

Toxic'Cuda

Reaction score
How'dee all...

As the title suggest, I'm looking into a Plastic Model. I own a 1968 Formula S-340 4-speed all numbers matching, "Notch-Back" Barracuda and I am at a complete and unterly confused state of mind as to "Why" there has apparently Never been a Notch-Back style Barracuda Plastic Model built by Any modelling company that I've looked into..? I mean none have even gone the simple route of offering a combo kit, as most manufactures do. Such as Stock & Super Stock body versions in their respected kits. To me it seems like a totally simple option. Any of the released kits could have just had two roof & window/trunk assemblies... Same body, choose your roof & trunk option. Boom! both models covered. Or perhaps an actual '68, or '67 - '69 Convertible/Notchback options kit. Which would be the easiest way. Use the convertible top or use the Notchback top.

Yet, as I stated and as many of you Notchback owners may already be aware of... We Notchback'rs have been left out and kicked to the curb...

"Why, I have to ask, is that..?"
...does anybody really know why..? We've been left out in Fastback gardens..? I mean really, I can find models of Pinto's, Gremlin's, Van's, Pick-ups... But as classic a Notchback Barracuda is, nothing.

Toxic'Cuda...

Actually Revell did offer a 2nd gen notch back ( 68 I think ). That is one of the more valuable vintage models today. I've kicked myself a hundred times for not paying 35.00 for one when I had the chance. That was unopened and 1991 .

" Thank You HyperMite...!!! "

I've been looking for manufactured models, I never thought that there would be resin type kit for use with an A'body kit... "

-
Back