Playing with a Holley

-

JGC403

Reaction score
Well when I got my Duster I knew nothing about Carbs. I was having some problems with the 80457 I put on my Duster and got some help on here with what to do. But i wanted to learn more so I got the book "How to Super Tune Holley Carbs" and learned a lot. A lot more goes on inside a carb than what I though.

But anyways after reading and learning now I have to play. I have an 1850-3 that I disassembled and started applying what I learned. So we will see how that tuns out. I want to go bigger than a 600cfm carb for my 360 someday, but I'm broke right now so I'll just play with what I have.

Anyways the book showed example of a couple different Boosters, but it didn't explain what the ones in my carb are. The ones in mine have a half circle go through the center of the booster. Why are they like this when other "high performance" Holleys don't have this?

Booster with half circle:
Picture003.jpg

Holley carbs rule......forget that Carter/Edelbrock crap.......easy to tune and great street/track performance....great carbs for beginners as well :burnout:

holley and summit both have alot of videos on youtube .....

Holley carbs rule......forget that Carter/Edelbrock crap.......easy to tune and great street/track performance....great carbs for beginners as well :burnout:

X2 This makes two mornings in a row. I like your style.

Those are standard straight leg boosters, nothing wrong with them at all. If you're looking to increase the flow then consider cutting off the choke horn. If you only drive the car in decent weather you don't need a choke anyway. If you take your time and contour the edges it can come out pretty good. Here's one I did a while back.

-
Back