please help, broken shifter mount

-

1cerberus4u

Reaction score
Hey all:

new to the list, so Hi! I have a 67 fast back with a 400 and 4 speed. Side of the tranny says C-99129. I was sitting in traffic in Newport Ri this Sat night (went down for the Warwick car show) and the car just stopped shifting. wouldn't go into any gear.

Had the car towed back and i got under the car and couldn't find anything wrong.

finally I did shift the car manually at the tab on the end of the shift rod and "click" the car went into gear. then the car seemed to shift.

I did notice that the lowest bolt on the shift mount (that attaches the shifter to the tranny) seemed loose, although the bolt was tight. Pulled the bolt, found a smaller one and re-inserted and tightened up.

I must have over tightened it as when i got back into the car the shifter was really sloppy. Back under the car and I noticed the mount was broken at the the lowest hole.

Can someone also help me upload pics off my hard drive?

If they can, my questions are....

So my question is does anyone recognize the shifter and the mount?

Can I get a replacement? (saw a billet one on Evilbay tonight....????)

Any thoughts on if this was the cause of my non-shifting tranny??

Thanks!!!

Andy

Pic's would help. If you want to put them up. click on post reply on the bottum of this page. Then go down to manage atachments. From there you can brouse your hard drive and put up pic's good luck.

Welcome to FABO BTW!

I think I have uploaded the pics......

67 tranny mount1.jpg

67 tranny mount2.jpg

67 cuda.jpg

On the first picture you can see the small bright silver line by the bolt head, where I snapped off the mount

You talking about one of these? Yes, they're available in an OE type or an billet configuration

WOW! You have a very nice car. Welcome again to the site hope you like it here. You should be able to get that mount at a few different places.

If that's the mount you need try Brewers www.brewersperformance.com
They had an obscure piece that I needed a few months ago, wasn't even listed on the website, called them, explained what I needed and had 5 days later.

SMP350 SHIFTER MOUNTING PLATE PACKAGE 1967-76 A-BODY BILLET Details

Shifter mounting plate and bolt package for all 1967-1976 A-body cars using Hurst shifter. Includes CNC machined 6061 billet aluminum mounting plate, 3 allen head mounting screws, and 2 shifter mounting bolts/washers.
Price: $59.95

Hey All:

Thanks for the kind words on the car (real AZ car all original, no rust at all, all original panels etc...)

Also, thanks for the info on the plate too, I'll order one today and hopefully be back on the road by this weekend!

-
Back