please help headers

-

ss67gtsdart

Reaction score
I have a 1967 dart with a 1973 scamp k frame with a 318 and power steering .any suggestions on a good affordable header that will fit with the power steering

I bet most headers for '67-76 A-bodies will work, but I highly recommend spending and extra couple hundred and getting Doug's 453.

Hooker, Doug's, TTI, Summit, and jegs all offer headers that will fit with power steering.
What trans do you have? It matters. Also, some will require a mini starter, which is probably smart no matter what header you run because the full size ones are a bear to get out even with the least confining header designs.

I have a 1967 dart with a 1973 scamp k frame with a 318 and power steering .any suggestions on a good affordable header that will fit with the power steering
Be sure to not get headers that have one of the tubes running under the steering link. Dougs is what I used like 318willrun recommended. You will want to get a mini starter too. Have fun!

Best cheap header = Summit racings offering. The draw back is 3 tubes under the steering linkage. Otherwise they have always fit excellent and have a thick 3/8 header flange.

In a tie, Doug’s headers with TTI headers. I have used the TTI. Near perfect fit, thick flange, no tubes under the steering linkage.

I have not used Doug’s headers.

Exhaust piping;

With the Summit Racing headers I used there own Summit Racing exhaust kit @ 2-1/2 inches. It can come with or without mufflers.
Minor trimming Involved.

With the TTI headers, I used TTI exhaust @ 2-1/2 inches. Minor trimming involved on the mid pipes since A bodies come in two lengths on the wheel base.

Both kits have hangers for the system. TTI for the better set up and win, though the Summit exhaust system is very good.

-
Back