Please Help I.d. This Truck

-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
I have an opertunity to purchase this truck.
It is suppose to be Jeep product, I have never
seen one like it.
Can anyone ID the make and year?
It's in poor condition, but savable.
Any idea of a value?

truck repair pics 058.jpg

truck repair pics 060.jpg

truck repair pics 057.jpg

Willies, Jeep, Kyser,amc.

Look like an Ice Cream or chuck wagon too me.

Frito Lay van or the van from Cheech and Chong's "Up In Smoke" movie. :)

Sorry Longarm, I have no idea what that is.

The truck is very small in size, maybe 12 ft long x 5 1/2 ft wide.

truck repair pics 059.jpg

truck repair pics 077.jpg

Hmmmmm maybe a dana of some kind,

LIFE 092.jpg

Tank looks a bit like a willys wagon. The front turn signals are definately the same as mid 50's willys. It doesn't mean others didn't use them, but I know a few of my wagons have had them.

ROB

Looks like an old mail truck to me. It was well into the '60s before they were right hand drive. Should be a Hurricane 4 banger with a 3 speed tranny. Jeep make a ton of them for the postal service.

Looks like a Studebaker truck I drove delivering popcorn years ago

It is a 4cyl, 3 speed.
Any ideas as to value?
It needs alot of work.
I hate to pass on it because it's unusual, but I'm
not sure I need another project.
Would it generate enough interest to a collector to
warrent buying it to resell?

I had a 58 International that looked similar...just recently I saw an old milk truck all tricked out, looked nice...

Thats a FJ-3A Fleetvan. Mechanically the same as a DJ-3A disptcher. Basically a box on a (2WD) CJ-5 chassis.

Not a lot of these left. Nice ones fetch some coin.

My brother use to have something like it for his hippie wagon. It was an old milk truck type and the name on it was " Divco ". That's a neet ride.

The other old ride is An IH Scout 80 circa 1960's.....It is worth saving... If you can get it cheap get it.... I would buy both of them if the price was right....

Thats a FJ-3A Fleetvan. Mechanically the same as a DJ-3A disptcher. Basically a box on a (2WD) CJ-5 chassis.

Not a lot of these left. Nice ones fetch some coin.

Boy .... Parts for that thing should be easy to find...... NOT !!!! Man I pity the guy restoring that one..... it would make a cool show truck.....

Mechanical parts ARE very easy to find. Body and trim parts will be "challenging" to say the least. The rear axle BTW should be a Dana 44 with 19 spline tapered shafts.

My first car was a Willys Jeep truck, which I still have, plus 3 additional Jeeps. I've been a Jeep nut as long as I've been a Mopar nut (since early childhood).

-
Back