Please Help Me - Posting for my 70 year old grandfather

-
I've said before, I'm not at all impressed by legendary and have noticed lately that many people I talk to about their nice stuff say that just had them done by reputable local shops.

My grandfather is trying to find the best place to buy seat covers for his 1970 Plymouth Duster (340).

Best answer is to have a good local upholstery shop make them. The kind you buy ready-made, from whatever vendor, is just never going to be as good in terms of quality, fit, durability, etc. Especially not since the market is dominated by Chinese con artists (and American con artists, too).

Read this and this about how real/good auto upholstery work is negotiated and done.

For decades Legendary Auto Upholstery seems the best quality, with fewest complaints, from my personal use in 4 vehicles, all Darts, and being able to compare another, cheaper manufacturer, side by side, - and the quality difference was night and day. The cheaper manufacturer "stitching " was terrible, and after a summer of summer-heat the driver "seat" was badly sagged/stretched by my 160 lb son.
There are lots a similar posts here, a quick search may get you pinpoint results.
Good Luck.
P.S . .the wait time is long, so order early, very early, the wait will be worth the quality .
They also often sales, Xmas usually being 20/25%ish.
I bought a set for my 64. They were perfect

Complete Legendary Deluxe interior with Rallye seat option.

Fantastic quality , fit and attention to factory details.

This interior is 6 years old with almost 9000miles and still looks like this.

1726950400482.png

I have bought legendary since the 80's. Can't beat them, but 1 year still wait time?? Grandma was slow but she was 105 years old!!!!

IF you want a local shop make them, be sure to see a sample of vinyl first for color and grain!

-
Back