Please Help Me!!!!!

-

72Swinger340

SKMOPARMANIAC
Reaction score
Hi All
I need some help to finish my BBP upgrade. I just bought a 8 1/4 355 sure grip rearend to put in my 72 Swinger street car but I need to get backing plates, brake hardware and drums for the rearend and I have a few questions as follows;
Will my 8 3/4 e-brake stuff work or do I have to get from a donor car?
Will my backing plates fit from 8 3/4?
What donor car/trucks can I get the parts from?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Dwayne

Is your 8 3/4" stuff from an A body or BCE body? If it is A body you have the 10X1 7/8" brakes and they are getting hard to find parts for. The backing plates won't work with 10X2.5" BBP shoes and drums either. Your best bet would be to find a '73 up A, B, C, E, F, J, M body or truck/van rear with 10X2.5" drums or 11" drums. Make sure the brakes are complete and take everything including the backing plates. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info grumpuscreature
I am assumming the rearend on the car now is a rearend from an a-body as there is no indication it has been altered in any fashion. I do know the drums on the reaerend are the flared drums but I have not had them removed yet to see the size of the brakes. I was told by the previous owner The original rearend was a 7 1/4 as the car was originally a 6 cylinder car.

-
Back