Please help name my car

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Ok this is the deal.
I picked up this 73 Dart a month or so ago as a daily driver for my scattered everywhere work, (I have to go to multiple different places a day)
It has tested me just about every way possible and I thank the powers that be that I was a pro mech for 25 years, but I can't say that it hasn't been a lot of fun doing it.
It's mostly been really small stuff that was easily handled, but it's almost as if it was testing me to see if I was capable of owning it. (kinda like an unbroke pony)
I live in Arizona and wanted to make the car capable of driving through hell itself without getting hot, and have succeeded in that after redoing and oversizing the entire cooling system, (Oversized extracool radiator, new 8 vane waterpump, Jegs Performance electric 16 inch S-blade cooling fan, new thermostat and an alternator that won't have a problem keeping up.)
I test drove it to Phoenix last weedend and it did great in the 116 degree desert while moving and while sitting idleing.
The problem is that the car needs a name, and has given me no hint as to whether it's male or female and I would like a little help with oppinions on it.
Is it a dude or a chick, and what should it's name be?

Stock 318 2 barrel with a 904

clean.jpg

Well I cannot help you with the name because I have never named a car they were and always are just my girls be it motorcycle or car.

But on another note good job at making the car be able to handle the heat, you did not say if it is an A/C car or not. If not I think the next question for you is how can I make it so I can handle the 116 degree heat in the car.

HMMMM, sometimes it will just dawn on you for a name,

We named my Super Bee, "Midori" as i had a Midori Marguerita the night i bought it, and it was the same color.

My wife's 41 Street Rod is "Ruby" due to the Candy Apple Paint, and her favorite movie is Wizard of Oz.

The 70 Duster is red and we named it "Taz" for obvious reasons.

The black 73 Duster was a little harder, its had a attitude and still needs some work, my wife named it "Elvira", but i am not so sure i like that, as she has more of a attitude and seems like more of a B*tch.

Oculum Vehiculum!

:?:-k:dontknow::book: Time to get the dictionary out :help:

She is a cool beauty that's for sure =D>

With a white top and red skin I am thinking maybe an old native American Indian being you liv in Arizona.

Time for some research on the native names in Arizona. :thumrigh:
believe me :-k a native lady is testy and strong :bball:

I name mine after strong ladies myself, Victoria is my daily drivers name
66 Valiant sedan

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 160
Cool.
You all are doing great, and I do like the possible indian name (That's a good call)
No AC in this car, I just make sure I have water and a wet towel.

Fred,,,,,CLASSIC

rp23g7, you had great reasons for those names.
My 69 Roadrunner with the 440 police motor was named Maxwell.
But this little domestic punk/b**ch has not offered a basis for a name.

In the tradition of old Indian lore they would name their children after the first thing they saw to give them the spirit of that creature - spotted horse - 10 bears etc. think back to when you bought it and the spirit gods will tell you all you need to know to name it

Rodney.

I had a valiant named Rodney and everyone knew the name.

I would pull up to a party in a field or what not and everyone would say ;Here comes Rodney", and chicks would come up to me and say "Hi Rodney" cause they heard people say Rodney was coming ya know? and it was a good ice breaker when I told them it was my car's name, ya know, Rodney, like hot rod, and that Rodney had a personality and would run great when pretty girls rode in him, dude it was such a cool and unusual name that just stuck and worked well.

Not sure it could work for you but I did well with it and people loved to play the same game on new people and watch and laugh as girls walked up to me and called me Rodney.

Scarlett, she was fiesty and testy.

Carmine, if you want a guy's name, kinda has a swagger to it.

Petula, from petulant, meaning testy or irritable.

Sylvester, meaning wild.

I better stop lol.

Habanero, the car is hotter than the desert air, and handles it fine, and its red! :)

I'm gonna consult with the "expert" on this when she gets home from her horse show. My daughter Nella will surely have something to offer. She wanted to name her car also and looked to the good people here to help. She ran a contest here and man did we have fun reading all of the names given from all of the members here. In the end, she chose "Sunfish" and it fits like a glove!!! I gotta admit though that "Bob" was a close second!!! For some reason, that made us laugh so hard it was hard not to pick it, but as you can see by the pic, "Sunfish" fits just right!!! I'll have her give a look when she gets home!!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_2430.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 103
Well, without even seeing OTR's submission, the first name out of Nella's mouth was "Creamsicle". Now, I know great minds think alike, so I think we may have something here!!!LOL!!! Just for the record, another great namer of names here said "Big Orange"!! This from the boy who named his guitar "Red Feather"!!!LOL!!! Geof and Nella

This just came to mind this morning

Nella

Ne = NEver fails
LL= Loving Lady
A=A body

I never thought of this till cosgig Jumped in and I seen Nella's name :hello2:
Nella :wav: a cool car name know that I think about it :blob:

-
Back