Please ID these solid lifters & would you run them??

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
Bought these solid lifter but they were not in original packaging. Does anyone know what brand they are?

The MP lifters are actually lighter and have a hollow core with insert. And the wide center cutout has us worried about lifter side support in a small block mopar. The pushrod pocket is a straight angled cone.

Attachments

• 12_29_10Sm7.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 12_29_10Sm6.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 270
Not sure, but don't those deep side reliefs require tubing the oil galleys or bushing the bores?

They look like ones I took out of my 65 poly 318

Since they are in a box of more than 12, they are obviously not intended for a slant 6. Though they may be the same, certainly because of their quantity, they are for a V8.

Since they are in a box of more than 12, they are obviously not intended for a slant 6. Though they may be the same, certainly because of their quantity, they are for a V8.

The box did not come with these lifter. It's just a lifter storage box sold by comp you can buy to hold lifters. I bought these lifters from a private party and they were unwrapped. I did not think they were comp and they were not represented as comp lifters.

Someone just put these lifters in this box, nothing wrong with that. It appears they are replacement lifters for /6 and 273's and probably poly 318's too.

Some people say the 273 lifter galleries are different than 340 and if you put them in a 340 you will not have good oil pressure? One person did have that happen to them.

273/225 [stock] use the same lifter, last time I bought some from mopar, they were the same.
oil psi is blown out w/dumbell style and countersunk lifter bore tops on 318/340/360

when you look at a 273 block lifter galley, look at the diff between 340/360 vs 273, as in where and how much the counter sink around the top of the lifter bore.

slants can use them with a lot of lift due to the lifter being recessed further down in the bore.

machining can be hit and miss with factory pieces so there are exceptions.

The box did not come with these lifter. It's just a lifter storage box sold by comp you can buy to hold lifters. I bought these lifters from a private party and they were unwrapped. I did not think they were comp and they were not represented as comp lifters.

Someone just put these lifters in this box, nothing wrong with that. It appears they are replacement lifters for /6 and 273's and probably poly 318's too.

Some people say the 273 lifter galleries are different than 340 and if you put them in a 340 you will not have good oil pressure? One person did have that happen to them.

I gotchya. I wasn't aware the groove was in a different place. I was just goin on quantity alone.

-
Back