Please school me!67-69 cuda

-

78kitcar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Im interested in the differences between the 67-69 cudas
Im looking for a driverside fender for a 67..will a 68 or 9 be the same?
Any other differences(the whole car) you wanna tell me about wld be great also!Thanks
Mike

67 no marker lights
68 round marker lights
69 rectangular marker light.

A body man can modify 68 or 9 fenders to work.
67 had a) pull handle on glove box vs push button for 68-9
b) mounting area for radio in 67 had round holes for radio vs 68-9 had thumbwheel radio
c) arm rest pads and bases are different for 67
Grills are different for all 3 years
front header panel is same for 67-8, therefore hoods can interchange 67-8
69 header panel and hood is different. There is probably more but cant think of them right now. Hope it helps

67 and 68 headers are a bit different.

67 has plymouth across the front
68 has the smaller plymouth on the driverside only.

69 doors are different, they have the door locks moved up 6" or so. Also, they don't have the rectangular vents at the very bottom of the door.

You can interchange a 67-8 hood on a 69, but you have to change header panel as well. 67-8 hoods are "flat" where it meets header panel, 69 hood has a "bump"

67 has a one year only pitman arm.

69 fenders have little brackets on the headlight bucket area to mount the headlight trim rings.

69 Barracuda uses the same hood as 73-76 Darts

each year different trim on the trunk as well

68 has the reverse lights in the tail lights

67 and 69 has the reverse lights on the rear valance panel

69 gas tanks have two straps that go front to back. 67s have one strap that goes side to side. Not sure about the 68

door locks on a 69 are at a different location, rear frame rails are different because of the gas tank strap on a 67. dash structures are different all 3 years, trunk pan on a 67 has no strap plates for the gas tank. tail lights are all different,i can on and on about the difference. how much in depth do you want to get? oh the bumpers are the same front and back for all three years and they will interchange front to back. mike.

ignition switch is a one year item for the 69

67 has a screw on speedo cable, and the numbers are not horizontal, 67 has the lighter with the ash tray, 68/69 have it in the dash, front fender Barracuda emblems, rear trunk moldings, taillights, are different. 68 has engine call-outs in hood spears, 67 doesn't, 69 doesn't have them. 67 had the speedo reset and electric washer standard, (and no radio standard). 67 had the crappy front/rear window moldings. Gas cap is different for 69, and maybe 68? The rear fastback seat for 69 is different, I saw one yesterday in a 67 and it didn't look or fit right at all.
What they said above...

69 the fold down rear seat was an option, it was standard on 67-68

Geez, I've had my '68 Fastback for 20 years and after reading these replies feel like I just went to school. :-D

<< not worthy to add a dang thing :-D >> :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Heater box has different mount locations for the cables and the heater controls are different also between 67 and 68 , not sure about the 69s.
interior is different all 3 years

The heater also has 4 mounting bolts in 67, 3 in 68/69.

69 has a flat hood with a crown in the center and a beak on the header.

68 is needed in order to do a factory SS repro car.

68 is a more sought after year for that reason.
Think Sox and Martin Repro and a long list of other greats.

68 was first year for 340 engine.

68 had stainless trim around the front and rear glass vs plastic CRAP for 67. This problem is an easy, albeit $700.00 fix if you go 67.

67 was the year they used the red heart with the devil tail for their add campaign.

67 came out 6 months later than ford mustang and thus got hammered in sales the first nail in the coffin for the model line....so to speak

67 is my favorite year.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_2814w.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 185
-
Back