please show pics of your 70-72 dart with a cowl hood scoop

-

mopar65

Reaction score
hi i am changing the fontrnd on my 73 dart to a 72. I am running a big block with a tunnel ram so i have to have a tall big hood scoop. so i was thinking about running a 6 inch cowl but dont know if it will clear? so if it will not i will have to go with the 8 inch one but dam it looks huge. so i would like to see how the cowls looks before i buy one or not. thanks Mopar65

I searcher cowl hoods and this is all I could find

Attachments

• crapbird (Copy).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 284
  • crap tie (Copy).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 279
  • rustang (Copy).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 290
More for the cheby crowd. Hemi scoops look sweet on a 70-72' Dart.

not a 70-71 but here is a 69 with a outlaw hood

Attachments

• piere race and eddy heads 002.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 235
typical mopar guys who just can't cope with anything other than mopar stuff lol

Whatever you do, make sure your cowl goes to the window like the one above...when they stop at the beginning of the cowl panel they look silly

not a 70-71 but here is a 69 with a outlaw hood

cool looking car. yes whos hood and scoop is that? i dont think the cowl is bad looking . i would rather run the six pac scoop or the hemmi hood scoop. but i dont think 5 inches is going to be enough to clear my tunnelram. i am also going to run my car on the street so i will have to have air cleaners. wel i called glas teck to day and there hood with the cowl ready to go is 600 pin on and 700 bolt on. dam thats a lot of money.lol so i dont know how hard putting one on a steel hood is going to be? i am also looking at maybe one of the prostock areo scoops. here is some pics of my car. thanks Mopar65

Attachments

• 100_0524 (Large).jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_0776 (Large).jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 100_0518 (Large).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 194
cool looking car. yes whos hood and scoop is that? i dont think the cowl is bad looking . i would rather run the six pac scoop or the hemmi hood scoop. but i dont think 5 inches is going to be enough to clear my tunnelram. i am also going to run my car on the street so i will have to have air cleaners. wel i called glas teck to day and there hood with the cowl ready to go is 600 pin on and 700 bolt on. dam thats a lot of money.lol so i dont know how hard putting one on a steel hood is going to be? i am also looking at maybe one of the prostock areo scoops. here is some pics of my car. thanks Mopar65

Need to be careful when bonding fibreglass to metal...their different heat properties will cause cracking at the joint (possibly)

its a glasstek hood and 6 inch cowl. very nice piece.it covers all my turbo stuff so i didnt need to cut a stock hood.

I have an AAR lift off aero scoop hood for a '73-'74 very unstable on the street,,,,too light. My friends hate riding down the road because they are "just watin' for the hood to fly off"

typical mopar guys who just can't cope with anything other than mopar stuff lol

Whatever you do, make sure your cowl goes to the window like the one above...when they stop at the beginning of the cowl panel they look silly

What's wrong about being a "typical" MOPAR GUY?

Really? Why are you here then. You don't like MOPAR'S?

LOL

let's put it this way, if you didn't get my post about "typical mopar guys" then you'll probably never get it...more than likely because you are one of them, or maybe you just don't get it

but i dont care, atleast not enough to explain...i think most would know what i meant by it anyways

by the way, i hate mopars, thats why i hang out here:yawinkle:

now back to the OP's post...

-
Back