Please..some help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Im so close on getting the interior done on my 67Dart. I need help. I have no markings on my headliner bows. I have them sorted in order of shortest to longest. Im asuming its short up front to long at back??????? When i get the headliner in, whats next? Headliner trim or the seal along the upper aspect then the headliner trim? Iam at a stop, mainly because when i got the Dart it was all dissasembled........This is a confusing situation that i need some clarification on. Thank you in advance.

Install the bows in the car first,matching the lengths with the correct width. Then number them, and install. Once they all fit properly, and stay vertical, you got it.

I had the same situation so this is how I did mine:
Placed bows in roof sections swapping them until I found which bow length was best where it sat.
Labeled said bows in order from front to rear.
Slid the bows inside the headliner and installed including the two rear spring tension rods that attach to the rear most bow.
With rear glass and windshield out of the car, cemented these sections in place by folding the material over the gasket lip and held in place with multiple spring clamps until dry. Trim as needed for glass gasket install.
Did the same along the sides starting from the front and moving rearward. This part was a two person job but I suppose it could be done alone if it had to be by alternating from side to side.
When all was dry in place, removed spring clamps and installed window/gasket trim.
It can be a bit of a challenge and took some time and patience but came out great.

I had the same situation so this is how I did mine:
Placed bows in roof sections swapping them until I found which bow length was best where it sat.
Labeled said bows in order from front to rear.
Slid the bows inside the headliner and installed including the two rear spring tension rods that attach to the rear most bow.
With rear glass and windshield out of the car, cemented these sections in place by folding the material over the gasket lip and held in place with multiple spring clamps until dry. Trim as needed for glass gasket install.
Did the same along the sides starting from the front and moving rearward. This part was a two person job but I suppose it could be done alone if it had to be by alternating from side to side.
When all was dry in place, removed spring clamps and installed window/gasket trim.
It can be a bit of a challenge and took some time and patience but came out great.

Thanks guys, it would have been easier if the car wasn't all apart. I got a better deal on it that way but its frustrating at times. I will place the bows in first and go from there. Should they fit tight? or some movement? My back window is in and I noticed the rear side/sail panels?????????Trying to do as much as I can to keep costs down. still need money to finish it. Thanks again

I had the same thing on a 74. After I was done I found out the ends were color coded, hope it helps.

I had the same thing on a 74. After I was done I found out the ends were color coded, hope it helps.

Ain`t basket cases fun?? specially when you don`t have all the baskets! never again for me. :eek:ops: (but I`ve said that before)

I feel your pain, been there. If you don't know this you can use a hairdryer to shrink the liner a little. If u use a heat gun be very careful. Much easier wit two people. Good luck with it.

Mine was a basketcase when I bought it too. The headliner installation was one of three things I farmed out on my car and it was a well-spent $60. (It would've been better spent if the 'highly recommended' installer would've notched it for the rearview mirror and visor mounts though ... :-( ) Live and learn!

The problem i have here anyway.....Is im in Ontario Canada and the winters can be bruttle. Its been warm and im trying to get stuff done and take advantage of the warmer weather...I know it going to last..:violent1:I have other stuff to do but with my heater its tolerable when its cold out. Thanks everyone

Well I took a break yesterday from the headliner and decided to tackle it again today, Early after a couple cups of good ol strong coffee. I found out my problem. The dam headliner is snafued.......yep! Totally pissed. I know im not real smart but when the bows don't line up with the inner seams theres a problem.I have it in with 4 bows not 5.Ive had the liner for 3 years waiting to go in. I get all excited to do it or try anyway and I get this.:violent1:A total bumber:banghead:It is what it is and I guess for now I will try and make the best of it. 2 bows in the front and 2 in the back..the middle one in the rear aspect(center) is way off. Not going to say were I got it but wont deal with them again..BTW Not a fellow member. Sorry about the rant, just totally bumbed me out a ruined a good day.

At least the mystery is solved. I had the other problem they sent me a 4 bow and mine was five. They did an exchange for me but I only had it a few weeks. Hopefully you get lucky and the interior light will hold it up. One thing I learned was to melt the holes for mounting stuff like visors, lights etc. so the liner does not rip. I used a 10d nail in vice grips and heated the nail with a torch. Works for carpets also. Also a body work friend of mine told me you can heat the liner with a hairdryer to shrink fit it a little.

At least the mystery is solved. I had the other problem they sent me a 4 bow and mine was five. They did an exchange for me but I only had it a few weeks. Hopefully you get lucky and the interior light will hold it up. One thing I learned was to melt the holes for mounting stuff like visors, lights etc. so the liner does not rip. I used a 10d nail in vice grips and heated the nail with a torch. Works for carpets also. Also a body work friend of mine told me you can heat the liner with a hairdryer to shrink fit it a little.

Thanks, all great tips. Im just going to take my time and get it the best I can for now.At least when its in I can put the interior together:D

I am waiting to get my windows in,( really having a problem with the front) then finish the interior.

I am waiting to get my windows in,( really having a problem with the front) then finish the interior.

I need my frt. windsheild in as well. I know a fellow who is real good. Unfortunately to cold now.Wait till spring. This is my second windshield. I ended up breaking the orig. one.....The one i now have is wrapped up in 3 moving blackets.......Factory tint as well:cheers:

-
Back