Please someone confirm/deny this:

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
So we have this troll at another Mopar site that makes this obnoxious claim. How much power is necessary per a given weight to break into the 11s. I know it sure as hell isn't 331hp.....

My brothers 04 Convertible Mustang GT that dyno'd at 331 RWHP runs 11.80 all day on BFG Drag Radials. I can post a vid if you need me to.

superdart said:
So we have this troll at another Mopar site that makes this obnoxious claim. How much power is necessary per a given weight to break into the 11s. I know it sure as hell isn't 331hp.....

Whats it? A good 3,400lbs with driver? 331 RWHP + 3,400lbs would run 12.60 @ 107 which would probably be under 'ideal, sealevel' conditions.

http://www.4racecars.com/calculators/et_calculator.html

If he can post a video, lets see the video. I'm gonna say *cough* nitrous *cough* :blackeye:

His cars weight would HAVE to be around 2750 in race condition with driver in it to pull those ET's and that horsepower claim at the rear wheels, would be 390 hp at the flywheel. If it weighs anything close to 3600 lbs it would have to have 433 hp to the rear wheels and 511 at the flywheel to get to those ET's. Here's a calculator that you can kinda get your own ideas from --->HP calculator clicky It probably isn't 100% perfect but it will figure close enough to call the troll on his "BS".

Let's say it does have 331 at the tire. The conv mustangs are probobly at least 3500#, so 12's maybe with good conditions. These late model mustang guys are funny. They need to force feed that 4.6 to make power, you never see them make power on the motor. More money than brains.

BTW - Goody should know this all too well: This guy lives in Las Vegas, so we KNOW he doesn't have those ideal sea level conditions.

This same clown claims his 05 GT with almost no mods runs high 11s in the 1/4 with nitrous (doesn't say how much). Apparently on stock rubber, as that is what he has in his pic. Withour nitrous on the track he pulls mid 13s.

maybe he didnt realize he was running in the eigth instead of the quater? ha ha. yeah those 4.6 fords are dogs without turbos, nos, or the hand of God. the new GT500 has close to 500hp, and it is a mid 12s car. maybe hes confussed.

superdart said:
This same clown claims his 05 GT with almost no mods runs high 11s in the 1/4 with nitrous (doesn't say how much). Apparently on stock rubber, as that is what he has in his pic. Withour nitrous on the track he pulls mid 13s.

AHAHA :---)

Why does this bother you so much?Just ignore it.As I say "Ignore The Ignorant" as they know no better.

I show it taking 335 or so hp to get 3500lbs to 108-109. That's generalized, but whatever. If the car was geared low, and had a good automatic, it could get to 11.80s. Closer to 11.89 than 11.80, but it can be done. A stock 4.6 GT will not run mid 13s without sticky tires a heck of a stick driver in it. I've seen 485hp at the crank go 11.17 with a manual trans, so I'd say it's possible. But, if he's in Vegas, I'd think he's using a conversion to sea level for ET. If he's racing it at Vegas, isnt that like 5000' Goody? POssible, yes..probable, no. But ask for the video..that's easy enough...

moper said:
I show it taking 335 or so hp to get 3500lbs to 108-109. That's generalized, but whatever. If the car was geared low, and had a good automatic, it could get to 11.80s. Closer to 11.89 than 11.80, but it can be done. A stock 4.6 GT will not run mid 13s without sticky tires a heck of a stick driver in it. I've seen 485hp at the crank go 11.17 with a manual trans, so I'd say it's possible. But, if he's in Vegas, I'd think he's using a conversion to sea level for ET. If he's racing it at Vegas, isnt that like 5000' Goody? POssible, yes..probable, no. But ask for the video..that's easy enough...

I'm definately curious on the video. Nitorus or 'Corrected' time could be what he is using and not saying. I don't go around saying i run a 13.39 @ 102 (corrected for my 14.30) because thats not what im running :wack:

Well,this guy annoys everyone, so I thought it was time to put some facts in his face, that's all. He makes tall claims, and onbody was calling him on it.

superdart said:
BTW - Goody should know this all too well: This guy lives in Las Vegas, so we KNOW he doesn't have those ideal sea level conditions.

What I have seen at our local track, Tulsa Raceway Park Okla. elev 650ft, these cars are running 14.60's to 15.00's. On the test - n -tune night there will be 5-10 show up. I can't wait to see the new Challenger start kicking their tails! I've seen 300C run as quick as the new stang. That could be embarassing!

mikedevore said:
What I have seen at our local track, Tulsa Raceway Park Okla. elev 650ft, these cars are running 14.60's to 15.00's. On the test - n -tune night there will be 5-10 show up. I can't wait to see the new Challenger start kicking their tails! I've seen 300C run as quick as the new stang. That could be embarassing!

You should see a SRT 300C wipe the floor with 90% of the guys at our local races. dipping into 12s :love4:

GoodysGotaCuda said:
You should see a SRT 300C wipe the floor with 90% of the guys at our local races. dipping into 12s :love4:
I was lucky enough to drive an SRT 300C, what a BLAST!

Well, it's an old post now, and the pissing match is over. But if you want some funny reading, here it is:

Link

Ya missed the club meeting. Two guys from DTW came to the meeting with their SRT10 Rams, joined the club...and are planning on racing.

superdart said:
Well, it's an old post now, and the pissing match is over. But if you want some funny reading, here it is:

Link
I've never seen so much talking crap, complaining, challenging, arm-chair racing in one thread in my life lol. that was funny. Pretty funny :blackeye:

GoodysGotaCuda said:
:headbang: HELL YEA MAN :headbang: wow i was getting bumps and scraps just from reading that charger fourm, now i wanna go race people hahaha

Seems a tad curious that he didn't mention the mph for that run. I'm new at this also, but mph/hp go hand in hand. Perhaps if the car is geared low (high numerically) and a loose converter............ Who cares. I agree with the other posts. Don't bother with this.

It would have to the right weight and just about everything perfect to be done. I figured my sons Dart to weigh about 3600 with him in the car and with the old 383 it ran 12.30's @ 110 which worked out to about 400 flywheel hp and about 325 to the wheels. Now a great hooking car can dip in the 11's at 110 mph so it can be done but I don't think this guy can do it. Ron

-
Back