-

Chadderbox70

Reaction score
Hi,
Building a 360 la block
Kb107 pistons
Lunati voodoo cam
Factory ported J heads. 2.02 valves

Is the autolite 65 still awesome with this increased compression?

Start with them, run it and read them. Adjust temp from there.Nobody has a crystal ball and can tell you what is correct for your engine but you.

Hi,
Building a 360 la block
Kb107 pistons
Lunati voodoo cam
Factory ported J heads. 2.02 valves

Is the autolite 65 still awesome with this increased compression?
Mancini racing and look at their spark plugs and they will have a listing for compression ratio and heat range.
A Stock 340 plug is fine.

The exact compression ratio you have would be important information to list and not have us guess or mathematically figure out. List what line of camshaft your using is useless information but the actual specs are needed.

For a ballpark and what I do mostly is start with the stock heat range plug and work from there.

The higher the performance the engine it is the colder the plug will get. As a basic idea and still in the dark as per your description, perhaps a 1 step cooler plug might work. But you left out so much critical information. Start with the stock heat range.

One step colder for every 100 hp. Thats not my opinion that’s the recommendation of the spark plug the manufactures.

Similar to what my current 340 is. Lite ported 2.02 j heads, 10.2-1 compression. I’m running NGK BKR6E plugs.

-
Back