Plug wire issue

-

Hyde440duster

Reaction score
I have a 440 in a 72 duster, Just changed heads to edelbrock. H had 1/8 of clearance between #8 cylinder wire and sreering column. Now with new heads I the wire touches the column. I Have accel wires , Is there a wire that will give be back some clearance or should u modify the column? Any help would be great. Thanks guy!

try this, look under the dash where the steering colume is, there is a bolt on eash side, loosen them. now follow the colume down to the fire wall, there are four bolts around it, loosen them. now push the colume over to the left as far as you can. see if you have enough clearance now.

Cylinders number 5 and 7 are sequential in the firing order so there is potential for cross-talk if you run wires number 5 and 7 next to each other. A lot guys (myself included) run the number 7 wire on top of the engine at the intersection of the cylinder head and the intake manifold, if that makes sense. It lays flat there and then loops around the back side of the head to reach the number 7 spark plug. Not only does this prevent cross-talk but it also keeps the wire out of the way of your steering column and headers.

-
Back