Plug wires and headers.

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
Can you guys please post pics and tell me which STYLE of plug wires work on a Big Block Dodge with TTI headers? which do you need . Straight boot 90 boot 45 boot combination of all 3? Which are close to the header, do you need heat shields etc. Love to see plug wire routing pics as well.

I cant speak for TTI headers but here is what i know about BB in A body. on CYL 1,2,8 you can for sure use a straight boot. 3,4,5,6,7 I couldnt get the straight ones on. Mine were too long and would hit against the body an steering shaft area. So i have angle ones on those. Since the body doesnt change regardless of header I think this would work for you.

I cant speak for TTI headers but here is what i know about BB in A body. on CYL 1,2,8 you can for sure use a straight boot. 3,4,5,6,7 I couldnt get the straight ones on. Mine were too long and would hit against the body an steering shaft area. So i have angle ones on those. Since the body doesnt change regardless of header I think this would work for you.
Good info here! I run TTI's on the Valiant with the B block and yes the straight boots hit the body on the cylinders noted. I run the MSD straight wires with some jegs plug heat boots. You can bend the straight boots a bit to minimize the body contact. Im guessing the best route would be to buy two sets of wires and mix and match the straight and 90* wires. expensive but probably the best route.

Mine has TTI 2". I used all 90* boots at the plug and heat shield on 5,6,7 and 8. The wires are Taylor 8mm blue.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

WOW thank you so much for the tips and pictures, that will help me a lot. Love the way you routed your wires.

Have you tried changing plugs and getting the boots off and on with the headers mocked up? how big of a deal is it?

Spoke to TTI today and all they were able to tell me is that it is my preference? They EDDY heads are angle plug so that offers more clearance. He said i could use strait boot wires or 90 if i want. I have access to both here, will bolt the header to the head, toss in the plugs i want to use and mock it up on the bench. see which style fits better before i buy anything.

So is it an issue for that heat covering to be touching the header? unless i make metal stands that bolt to the oil pan rail then come up the side ot the block to hold the wires closer to the block thats the only thing i can come up with.

-
Back