Plugs #5 and #6 Carbon Fouled

-

Green Hornet

Reaction score
I am looking for help with a problem I am having with a new build. This spring I have been working through the gremlins of a 408 stroker that I put together. It has a miss that I can not track down. I have readjusted the valves and gone through the ignition system. Everything is new on this engine. Now I pulled out the plugs to check them again and #5 and #6 are fouled. Plugs #1-4 look excellent, and then #7 and #8 are on the rich side but not nearly as bad as 5 and 6. The plugs read exactly the same from one side of the engine to the other. Is this a fuel delivery issue? Thanks for any help and advice you might be able to give me.

Specs:
Eddy heads, Comp Cams XE 275HL, Crane 1.6 roller rockers, M1 single plane intake, Demon Sizzler Thermoquad, Mopar elect. distributor w/ orange box, MSD Blaster 2 coil, TTI headers

Are you sure you took the ground from the heads up to the negative terminal on the coil? When I tried that it killed the motor.

I am running a brand new MP electronic conversion kit. That must be the difference. I'll keep digging.
Thanks for the help though.

Sounds like bad mixture distribution to me. Do you have another carb you can temporarily install?

I know a lot of folks love their thermoquads, but I would get a Holley, Quick fuel, or Proform carb if you want to get the most out of your engine.

I have a 600cfm Edelbrock that came off the 340 that used to sit under the hood. Do you think it has to be on the fuel side and not the ignition?

-
Back