plugs???????????

-

OiiiiiiO

Reaction score
i guess finding the best spark plug for racing is what works best with your setup or is there that best plug out there somewhere. can anyone share what they found to be the better plug and what makes it that? thanx

Everyone has an opinion on spark plugs and for the most its just that, an opinion.

I mostly use autolite simply because the Walmart down the street carries them.

I don't know any hard and fast rule and as stated above it just what works for you after some trial and error. My self I use Bosch W7D for racing and Bosch W9D for the street. Why? Because these are the old copper core plugs that fire better and cleaner than the newer resister type plugs and because I have been using Bosch plugs for the last 30 years as an import mechanic.

P.S. don't use platinum plugs for racing as they will misfire at high rpm and load up ...just my experience with them

Every mopar engine ive ever had,seemed to run better on a different plug type.For instance,my mild 318 in my truck prefers bosch platinums.I figured this out by trying different plug types,and temp ranges,until it ran the best 1/8th miles times,AND performed the best as far as milage,cold starts,etc.Now my last slant six,liked champion plugs the best,the bosch plugs never seemed to run just right in it,especially when cold.Its more a trial and error thing to get just the right plugs,even though i,like a lot of car guys have certain brands i like the best and try to use.

I'm pretty sure that Champion is still the factory plug in most everything rolling off the assembly line. I'll stick with that for street usage, but I have found that my race small block really likes Accel?

NGKs or Autolites for me. Nothing wrong with Bosch plugs but I used the Platnums once and cracked the insulators when I hit the N20 button. This was a long time ago may very well have been my fault though...Long story :)

-
Back