Pocono Road Course Video

-

CUDA69

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Went last June, had 8 sessions, tons of fun. Two hours of total track time was great. Everybody else dropped out by the last session, so it was just me and my son. He followed the Cuda for a lap at 7:15, 11:30 and 16:00 minutes on the video. He is driving a Tesla 3 set up for the track. Heading back there later this month.

So why was he significantly faster than you? More aggressive driving, AWD, he's set up for a road course and you were there just for fun, etc?

Glad he pointed out why the display to the right started to show red, I was trying to figure that out about the time he told the passenger the battery was getting hot.

Looks like he started with a little over 50% and finished with 3% battery? Correct?

A Tesla isn't exactly slow. Those things are quick as hell.

Wasn't implying that the Tesla was something special, nor was I thinking they are typically slow. Based on the AWD display, betting it is a 450+ HP model, too.

I just wondered if there were other factors, like the OP's Barracuda not being driven as hard, not as set up for the track as the Tesla, things like that. Could be the Tesla is just that much faster, I have no idea or experience. Which is why I asked the question.

The Cuda is a street car. I can pull 1.1 g on the turns, the Tesla is pulling 1.6 and has a much better driver. He is typically 20% faster on the lap times. He has 16 inch carbon fiber rotors, mine are 11" steel, 500 HP vs 430, and a lot of computer help vs an inexperienced Grandpa, LOL.

The Cuda is a street car. I can pull 1.1 g on the turns, the Tesla is pulling 1.6 and has a much better driver. He is typically 20% faster on the lap times. He has 16 inch carbon fiber rotors, mine are 11" steel, 500 HP vs 430, and a lot of computer help vs an inexperienced Grandpa, LOL.
1.1g at that ride height w/o wider tires is pretty respectable, besides the huge mismatch in brakes, that Tesla should've been engaging the regenerative braking...using the motor/power-transfer unit to slow the car as well, a humongus advantage on-track if it's programmed well.

Thanks. Sounds like your car does well.

You forgot the AWD advantage as well. Not knocking either car, just wondered if the gap didn't have some additional background, like inexperience.

that Tesla should've been engaging the regenerative braking...using the motor/power-transfer unit to slow the car as well, a humongus advantage on-track if it's programmed well.

Pretty sure he had the regen braking on based on the display on his phone. It would go negative leading up to a corner, which I am interpreting as regenerative braking.

Did a little looking around to see how a Tesla compares on track to other cars and most of them talked about the track specific package having regenerative braking and how much they liked it. Except the guy that was following one and kept getting tricked by the tail lights because (I guess) they come on when you lift off the gas and before you actually brake which kept fooling him into braking earlier than he would have.

Really cool video! Thanks for posting!

Sure, the Tesla is fast...but it doesn't have the authentic growl of a V8!!

My birthday present from my wife is driving a Challenger Redeye at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Can't wait until April. I'll post up the video.

Really cool video! Thanks for posting!

Sure, the Tesla is fast...but it doesn't have the authentic growl of a V8!!

My birthday present from my wife is driving a Challenger Redeye at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Can't wait until April. I'll post up the video.

Pocono RaceWay also has 1/3 mile Roll Racing. I’d like to try that or have a few laps around the track.

1C2A24CF-9D0E-48AF-AE30-7998C954B895.jpeg

Went last June, had 8 sessions, tons of fun. Two hours of total track time was great. Everybody else dropped out by the last session, so it was just me and my son. He followed the Cuda for a lap at 7:15, 11:30 and 16:00 minutes on the video. He is driving a Tesla 3 set up for the track. Heading back there later this month.

Not to often you see a Cuda convertible doing road racing.a bit more refining of your racing line and you could easily pick up some time. Nice seeing you again at the Blairstown car show

Lots of room for improvement. I will be at Island Dragway Sunday for their Mopar Race.

60-100 comes pretty quick. Thanks for the ride along. Looks like fun.

-
Back