Points style voltage regulator upgrade

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Awhile back there was a gentleman that would convert OLD style points looking regulator to electronic... Unfortunately the gentleman passed away and took all the info with him i have been told ...Does anybody know of another source ??? What have you guys done to maintain the ORIGINAL style altenator , and original looking vol reg .. and upgrade to electronic style vol reg?

Check Ebay...I know I've seen some on there. Search Mopar voltage regulator....also it may be a good time to upgrade to an internally regulated alternator? Don at FBO sells nice Made in the USA Tuff Stuff 100amp alternators. I'm going to upgrade soon...

www.4secondsflat.com

Call him up, he's great to talk to.

buy the wells solid state reg at any part store and take your old cover off and attach to the new reg. here are some pics of some i did. both have decals on them to simulate the original script on them. if you need the decal or the cover with the yellow let me know.

Parts (59).jpg

68 RR 383 4-speed (94).jpg

EL5Demon340... I will purchase the Wells regulator ... I am assuming that this WELLS regulator is the UPGRADED SOLID STATE and NOT the POINTS type correct?....
IF so , Let me know what color decals or cover ... you have or i need to be correct for my 69 swinger and i will purchase it off you... PM me with what i need to purchase from you and how much ..
THANKS alot guys for info !

Wells? You better buy two. One for a spare.

OH NO ......:(
Let me ask this question ... has ANYBODY damage there electronic ign system with a points style vol regulator ?
I just recently installed a new underhood harness on my swinger ... it has the upgraded PERTRONIX elec dist upgrade ... all hidden inside original dist .... the previous owner had left a resistor inline to dist still.. so i was going to remove it because on a previous convo with PERTRONIX hotline ... they told me it was not needed ....
I also noticed that the car cranked for a long time prior to starting ... During my original harness removal .. i noticed that the inline resistor was burnt in 2 locations ...
i never would of seen this just by looking at it ... but to maintain the original looking underhood scheme , i removed the resistor from porcelain housing and noticed the 2 breaks ...
SO i will replace the entire dist with a PERTRONIX slety, and ask them to i really need the inline resistor ...

Wells? You better buy two. One for a spare.

I have never had a problem with a Wells part including the VR706 that is the topic of this thread.

FWIW, the cam position sensor in my wife's PT Cruiser started acting up and Autozone was the only place that had one in stock. It was in a Wells Box but inside it was in a sealed plastic Mopar bag with a Mopar Part Number. So whom ever makes the part for Mopar is also selling it to Wells.

-
Back