Points to Electronic conversions...

-

74Dart4Mom

Procrastinating Member
Reaction score
My '74 Dart has a points type distributor that I would like to convert to an electronic type. I would like to keep the appearance of a stock engine compartment, if at all possible. I was told that there was a conversion kit to would allow me to do this. Anyone know who makes it or what it is, maybe a price? Any assistance would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry, this should have been in the Electrical and Ignition forum. My bad!

Well, that would be what I'm looking for. Guess I'll have to start saving my pennies so I can buy one. Thanks for the info.

Thats the way to go. You can hide the ECU box under the dash to make it look alittle more stock.

74Dart4Mom said:
Well, that would be what I'm looking for. Guess I'll have to start saving my pennies so I can buy one. Thanks for the info.
You want to buy the Pertronixs conversion. It works under your points distributor cap. No one will ever know it doesn't have points. Been running one for 4 years with no problems

Mike

IN WAS GOING TO SAY THE PERTRONIX CONVERSION TOO! simple - cheap- dependable and no little black boxes - just remove points and condensor and install their unit and go about 20 minutes to convert. In fact I just happen to have one sitting here to show ya------thats the whole unit all fits under the cap

-
Back