POL - Tubular Upper Control Arms

-

Gregg440

Reaction score
Dart UCA.jpg
Bought a set of Performance On Line Upper Tubular Control Arms and am trying to install, however they are hitting a piece of the frame in the downward travel. They are for the correct years. What am I missing here? If anyone can tell me where to find instructions or at least some pictures would be a great help. I have uploaded a picture and you will see where the arm fits in the piece on the right side is where it hits.
Gregg

Last edited:
On some tubular UCA's part of the UCA mount needs to be trimmed back so that the UCA has full range of motion. Keep in mind that the upper bumpstop should also limit the amount of down travel, and some UCA's will not hit the factory bumpstop in the stock location because of the shape of the arm. In those cases you need to either move the bumpstop or buy one that's a different shape (like a rectangle, so it's wide enough to catch the UCA).

On some tubular UCA's part of the UCA mount needs to be trimmed back so that the UCA has full range of motion. Keep in mind that the upper bumpstop should also limit the amount of down travel, and some UCA's will not hit the factory bumpstop in the stock location because of the shape of the arm. In those cases you need to either move the bumpstop or buy one that's a different shape (like a rectangle, so it's wide enough to catch the UCA).
Attached a picture.

Yup, that's a pretty common issue. You'll have to clearance part of the UCA mount. I had to do it on my Duster with it's current set of non-adjustable UCA's. Done properly it shouldn't effect the strength of the mount. I cut the mount back and ground it smooth. Make sure that when you do the test fitting that the UCA is hitting the bump stop to limit it's down travel so you don't cut out more than you need to.

Dart UCA.jpg

Yup, that's a pretty common issue. You'll have to clearance part of the UCA mount. I had to do it on my Duster with it's current set of non-adjustable UCA's. Done properly it shouldn't effect the strength of the mount. I cut the mount back and ground it smooth. Make sure that when you do the test fitting that the UCA is hitting the bump stop to limit it's down travel so you don't cut out more than you need to.
Thanks! This is a big help and much appreciated. Now I should be pretty much good to go

View attachment 1714939015

-
Back