Police Pursuit Diplomat 360 turbo ???

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone following this build? I am, should be fun! I like just about everything about this build..... the 4 door mid 80's getting some love, squad car (I've had a couple of these), 5.9 with a turbo....

I've been watching, last project of his I watch was the Challenger good channel.
Looks like it will be a good sleeper

I've been watching, last project of his I watch was the Challenger good channel.
Looks like it will be a good sleeper
Diplomats scored very high with the police. We've owned them and they are a solid car. I still have a 125 mph police speedometer for a diplomat if I remember correctly. I've parted out 2 of these ... when they were worthless :D 15x8 police rims, etc. Only thing I didn't like with them was smog junk and the 258 miles of wiring under the hood.

I took a solid 5lbs. of wires from under my Magnum’s engine bay.

Diplomats scored very high with the police. We've owned them and they are a solid car. I still have a 125 mph police speedometer for a diplomat if I remember correctly. I've parted out 2 of these ... when they were worthless :D 15x8 police rims, etc. Only thing I didn't like with them was smog junk and the 258 miles of wiring under the hood.
Never had a cop car but did daily drive 1980 2 door version for a few years, didn't know Chrysler didn't make many wouldn't scrapped it had a solid rust free body :(

One of the only F bodies I would want, Very cool police cars with a small block . They were better to see in the rearview then a 69 fury I. Some of those light weight fury I's hauled ***.

Makes me regret i didn't buy one of those when I had a chance in 2008. 1500 bucks and the car was mint, but of course I thought that was too much money in those days because I was a broke and in college and I had just bought a 74 duster for 800.

It was a police car but it was an unmarked car but had the holster where a shot gun once resided on the front floor, had the spot light and the cop wheels.

Loooong gone by now, can't buy them all but it's fun trying.

Had a 1978 LeBaron 318 4 door.
Back in 1991 I did a lot of mods to that car using some Police Dippy parts and Firm Feel parts. With lots of welding and axing the rubber body mounts it rode a bit stiffer but would corner very well. Bilstein shocks were well worth it.

A 360 with 375 HP, A999 with low gear, 8 1/4 (2.91:1) with a set of 3.55:1 8 3/8 truck Suregrip, no rubber axel mount and a forward shock as a traction device.

It was a Grandma's sleeper.

-
Back