Polished Aluminum

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
At a local car show this weekend, there was a vendor selling WENOL polish. We picked up a tube and a buffing ball and went at it on my rims. Check out the results...

Before - almost dull rims
PICT0221.jpg

After - Wenol a little bit of rubbing compound and some elbow grease
PICT1437.jpg

I took the pictures in the morning and the sun really wasn't hitting them the best it could have but let me tell you, 100 times better, now i just need to wait for my caps to come on ebay.

some other pictures-
PICT1438.jpg

PICT1427.jpg

PICT1428.jpg

PICT1429.jpg

PICT0221.jpg

PICT1437.jpg

PICT1438.jpg

PICT1427.jpg

PICT1428.jpg

PICT1429.jpg

Those look great! I`ve got aluminum wheels and use Mothers aluminum wheel cleaner to clean them but I hate polishing them. I like chrome wheels better, a good wash and a little wax is all you need. These aluminum wheels are a pain to keep clean and seem to be always getting discolored with something. I suppose it`s the price you pay for weight loss!

yea i to am a fan of chrome, I bought the car with those rims on it but they were in bad shape. I just cleaned them up a little bit so they weren't so much of an eye sore. I plan on getting a more modern rim when i get some more cash...

I debated the chrome/aluminum thing but after going through a set of Cragars that rusted after 3 years or so I was ready to get something I could just polish up and not ever rust :).

They look great. What kind of wheels are those? I have some, but need two in smaller size for the front. I can't find any info about them. Need a 15X6 in the big bolt pattern 5 on 4 1/2.

-
Back