Polishing an Edelbrock Manifold

-

75greenduster

Reaction score
Edelbrock offers a polished version of their manifolds. I could be wrong, but I assume they have the same finish as the non polished only obviously polished. If thats true I should be able to polish my own manifold. Has anyone else done this or have any suggestions?

I think that Endura Shine is different than the normal intakes. It sure looks
alot more smooth. I took my Air Gap and clear coated it. Still looks good.

yes I have done lots of aluminum polishing before and what you are wanting to do is labor intensive and somewhat expensive for supplies. To begin with these manifolds are rough cast and you have to sand it all smooth before you even begin to start polishing. The you need lots of crevice tools to do the nook and crannies. As for tools you will need a die grinder with several bits and stones, a dremel tool with more bits and stones, polishing buffs, high speed-long armature benchtop grinder, more buffs, 3 kinds of polishing rouge, a ton of patients and about a weeks worth of time and in the end you wont be happy with the results.Just cough up the extra $40 bucks or so and buy the polished manifold to begin with.

the Endura shine is a different process where fine pore aluminum/tin is sprayed on the manifold then given a quick rub to shine . The processis similar to solder.Ever notice when you solder a connection how shiny it is ? Very similar material and process.

Exactly what Outlaw said! To do a nice polishing job be prepared to spend a LOT of time and $$$$ of supplies and a tools to do it with.To be very blunt it is a pain in the *** to polish an intake! too many little crevices you have to get into to make it look right! I would buy a polished version before I ever polish anotherone!

Bobby Dodson

i have a holley strip dominator and it was bad i degreased it then used an aluminum cleaner from napa auto for cast aluminum and it was really clean then let dry out and sprayed with 1200 degree high temp clear paint and i have to say it looks awesome easy to clean just wipe off you mite be able to see it in my garage

Something that works really good to clean aluminum as long as it is not on the car is the chemical that A/C contractors use to clean A/C coils on your residential A/C.I have used some a couple of times ,just spray the stuff on like you would your A/C coils,let sit for about 10 minutes then rinse,repeat if necessary. Works great for cleaning aluminum.It is not healthy to get it on painted surfaces!

Bobby Dodson

-
Back