Votes: 31 39.7%
  • Conventional

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • Blend

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
-
Synthetic is my choice.
Amsoil z rod to be specific in the engine, and Amsoil gear lube in the rear diff.
I can't use synthetic in my 4 speed though, it is too slippery for the synchros.

Welcome to the site! But, oh God. Do we have to do this again? Don't you see the search button up there ^^^^^? This has been beat the hell out of and very recently.

Welcome to the site! But, oh God. Do we have to do this again? Don't you see the search button up there ^^^^^? This has been beat the hell out of and very recently.

Buddy you didn't even have to click the link. Did someone SHlT in your cherios this morning?

I like synthetic and conventional.........as long as it's served with half-n-half. Regular milk kills the taste of motor oil.:coffee2:

brad-penn-oil-logo-big-600.jpg

Run all the polls you want. Start all the new threads re-hashing old news all you want.
My impression is operators of this website would rather there be more threads and more content, than less.

I run napa full synthetic in modern fuel injected cars, with more extended drain intervals but my cars aren't super new.
Napa pure syn is very likely just high grade crude qualifying as synthetic because it meets certain levels of uniformity and purity.
If I had a quite new modern car or engine, I would run mobile or another premium synthetic.

Carbureted cars pollute / ruin the oil with fuel fairly quickly so I tend to run good quality conventional with a bit of zddp as of late and just change it at 3K.

I run a flat tappet hyd cam with over 300lbs spring pressure on the nose so I run a high zinc conventional, Valvoline race 30 and I am very happy with it!!

VR1 been using valvoline racing oil for over 30 yrs. never let me down.

I use only Mobil-1 in my 5 current vehicles.

All those years making my living turning wrenches made me a believer

running castrol gtx 10/30 wth a bottle of comp cams break in magic...gets the comp suff every oil change...

Depends on the vehicle, Explorer and pickem up were both used so I just put conventional oil in them, the bike I put synthetic in it, using Schaffers in both the motor/trans....

I use synthetic Amsoil in everything - race car, tow truck & every day truck, because I've experienced many of it's benefits through the years over conventional lubes. (Engine, trans rear and wheel bearings.) The extra margin of protection gives me peace of mind as well.

Not all synthetics are created equal!

Amsoil technical service bulletin on zinc: [ame]http://www.amsoil.com/techservicesbulletin/MotorOil/TSB%20MO-2007-08-08%20Flat%20Tappet.pdf[/ame]

www.amsoil.com

I run Amsoil Z Rod like Dartnut.

That being said, and I don't mean to hijack a thread, but I bought four cases of Valvoline VR1 high zinc synthetic when it was closed out. I don't use it so it's available to anyone who wants it for what I paid for it. $3.49 a quart.

VR1 or dyno rotella, if its good enough for the big rigs should work in my junk

My Father runs Rotella In his Big block. He said the same thing. I agree.

I forgot to mention above. I run Bradpenn. Because its Local and is great oil.

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 189
Rotella in my 2500 HD Diesel change every 3K, not sure what I'll run in the 360, It has some kind of break-in oil in it now not sure what. Have a friend that swears by Royal Purple but then he swears by every new thing that comes along. He ran Amsoil for years in his motor-home with a dual filter set up where he changed the first filter every 5K and both every 10K and just added oil 1 or 2 quarts he lost with the filter. I thought he was nuts, oil is the cheapest think we buy for our cars. I'll keep reading the thread.

Shell Full Synthetic in my wife's 07 300 w/3.5, because it seems to use less oil with that than other synthetics including Mobil 1.

Mobil 1 in 02 Durango because that's what I started with when I switched to synthetic in it a few years ago. 109k and never uses a drop between changes.

Used Z-Alt in the 74 Duster before I sold it.

Not sure what I will use in the 440 when it is finished, but at this point, i am more concerned about what modern gasoline will do to it than oil. There seem to be some good choices for oil out there.

BTW, I have become less OCD about oil than I used to be. I have had only one engine failure in all my years of driving and that was in a stinking 89 Chevy G20 van with a 350 which I religiously changed the oil in. So much for the "indestructible" chevy small block. (Bought that new too).

-
Back