-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaKid

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I've been looking for an annoyingly specific part, its a thermostat housing for the wide block 318, but instead of going straight towards the radiator when mounted, it angles towards the drivers side

attachment.php

The housing in this picture (from Ebay) is installed backwards, but it is the part i need.

I have a regular, straight forward type housing i'm willing to ship from boise as an even trade, or i will pay eight bucks for the part.

Your "picture" doesn't work.
There's nothing special, unique, to a Poly 318 thermostat housing.
What kind of trouble are you having in locating, purchasing, one? :dontknow:
Ever think of Rock Auto?
You looking for a straight up one, or a 90*?

Attachments

• Thermostat Housings 016 (Small).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 270
Sorry about the picture, i can never seem to get computers to work with me.
Im looking for the 90∘ one, i need an original one for a nut and bolt restoration, so rock auto or NAPA wouldn't work

I did find out that the thermostat i have is correct for the old 273 motors, as well as the wide block 318's.

...so theres that.

no, i still need a housing, i have the wrong one, the one i currently have is the non A/C type, i need the A/C type.

the pictures that hemi71x posted show the difference, i have the one on the right, but it wont clear the A/C compressor, i need the one on the left.

no, i still need a housing, i have the wrong one, the one i currently have is the non A/C type, i need the A/C type.

the pictures that hemi71x posted show the difference, i have the one on the right, but it wont clear the A/C compressor, i need the one on the left.

When I asked there was several of the style you needed on eBay.

Geez, if that's the case, give me 10 bucks, for the 90* one and i will sell it to you. (+ the mailman)
Jim V.
hemi71x

I finally took the trip up to a yard in wendell, and found a factory housing on a 66 belvedere station wagon, i no longer need a housing, but ten bucks will buy the other one i have, its factory on a 273, or poly 318 without A/C, and i saw it on the big blocks from the sixties

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back