poly locs both engine and trans?

-

Barracuda_v8

Reaction score
Hello. I was thinking of buying polylocs for my engine. But do I need to buy the transmission mount as well? I have heard that on chevys you will brake the transmission house if you use stiff motor mounts and standard rubber mount on the transmission. Hope somebody has an answer.

Thanks
Daniel

I've never heard of that on a Chevy. I've used poly as motor mounts before in them never a prob but you will feel more vibration with them.

Had Polylocs and stock trans. mount on my Cuda for several yrs. no with no issues. Never heard that about a chevy either and I know a lot of chevy guys. My guess is whoever told you that had something in a bind.

Hello. I was thinking of buying polylocs for my engine. But do I need to buy the transmission mount as well? I have heard that on chevys you will brake the transmission house if you use stiff motor mounts and standard rubber mount on the transmission. Hope somebody has an answer.

Thanks
Daniel
You don't want a solid tranny mount if you have rubber(OR POLY LOC engine mounts,What ever that means). Just use a rubber trans mount and you will not likely have trouble.

The Chevy thing is solid engine mounts and a solid trans mount. It will break. (Don't ask, I was 16 and I don't wanna talk about it).

Doesn't have a thing to do with a "chevy" it's simple stuff that should be easy to understand.

thanks,Do I have to look at them? I get it. It's not rocket science. do not use a solid trans mount without a solid motor mount,period,does that make sense? It's easy,really it is.

No you don't have to look at them. You answered "POLY LOC engine mounts, whatever that means" and I simply provided a link. Sounds like someone's got an attitude tonight.:thumbdow:

LOL maybe so. Not meaning to rain on any parades(or mount help links,LOL). Just thought it was easy enough. No problem.

Poly Locks are not a solid mount...

I have a set on my small block A-body car, with a polyurethane tranny mount. I feel zero vibrations over the stock rubber engine mounts...works great, no problems for over a year of street driving rippin around on back roads and such. lol

Again.With a rubber or poly trans mount it does not mater the engine mount. Sorry if it took so long to get it across. Maybe it still doesn't?

Thanks for the answers. Although there was one guy who had woken up on the wrong side of the pillow today. I will go with polylocs on the motor and standard on the tranny.

Thanks
Daniel

-
Back