Polygraphite Question HELP!

-

Mopar_Chick

Reaction score
Well I am in the process of ordering a front end kit for my 72 Duster and was wondering who has the Polygraphite suspension kit and if they like them??? Are they squeeky? etc... I would like to have some of your opinions on them. This is mainly a show car/daily driver. Not so much "Drag Strip" racing atleast, but I would like to have a little more performance out of them rather than stock! Can I get some opinions that would be great

Also I drive this car in every month other than winter pretty much, so there is alot of miles going on. What will hold up the best as far as bushings? also do I grease or use no seize ive heard? WHAT ARE THE BEST THINGS TO DO! I've heard so many opinions and still would like MORE!

The polygraphite will be the less "squeeky" then the polyurethane, but use plenty of lube when installing.

The polyurethane kit is a bit "stiffer" also.

I'd go with the polygraphite kit.

ok but how about when lubing? ive heard not to use just grease because it will eat it up? what should i use? also will they hold up for daily driving?

The lube comes with the kit. And yes it will stand up to daily driving, more then the OEM rubber did.

PST is good, that's what I got, front and rear.
I can't say if the rubber is better then Poly or vise versa for daily driving.
All I can say is that the factory OEM rubber lasted some 30 years, and 70k's and it was beat.

How long will the poly last ? I'm now where near any of those milestones?

I did the whole front end of my Cuda and it's great and quite.

There are those whom say they do make noise, this I can not verify since the car is loud. LOL!

I like it. The Moog parts are excellent parts and I would not thinck twice about useing them as well.

Well I am in the process of ordering a front end kit for my 72 Duster and was wondering who has the Polygraphite suspension kit and if they like them??? Are they squeeky? etc... I would like to have some of your opinions on them. This is mainly a show car/daily driver. Not so much "Drag Strip" racing atleast, but I would like to have a little more performance out of them rather than stock! Can I get some opinions that would be great

Also I drive this car in every month other than winter pretty much, so there is alot of miles going on. What will hold up the best as far as bushings? also do I grease or use no seize ive heard? WHAT ARE THE BEST THINGS TO DO! I've heard so many opinions and still would like MORE!

I don't think anyone makes polyurethane bushings for Mopars currently. Energy Suspension and Prothane are the two companies making polygraphite bushings for Mopars.

I've got two A-bodies. And I have run rubber and polygraphite in both at various times and in different combinations.

For a driver like you describe that doesn't really have a bunch of handling mods, run rubber bushings. It doesn't sound like you use the car for Canyon Carvering drives. But running polygraphite sway bar bushings is easy and they last longer, don't get eaten up by leaky oil and increase a little of the sway bar resistance (car will lean over a tiny bit less).

The poly strut bushings are fatter than stock, so they really need to be shaved down. The poly lower control arm bushings can be a serious pain in the butt to install. The upper control arm bushings are not bad to install but you can by rubber Moog 7103 offset bushings that will allow you to run more positive caster setting and will make the car track straighter and more confident down the highway (more fun to drive).

The rear poly bushings are easier than stock to install. But they will translate slightly more road noise because they are harder and the trunk area amplifies noise from the rear suspension.

I`ve got the polygraphite kit on my Barracuda and the rubber kit on my Dart. The poly kit included everything in polygraphite with the exception of the LCA bushing which was rubber (they`ve had trouble with them sqeaking) and a special lubricant for use when installing the bushings. I understand you can use lithium or other non-petroleum based grease when installing the kit. The poly rides good but is somewhat a stiffer ride than the rubber bushings. Either way you`ll feel the difference with everything new on the front suspension.

hey, incase you mite want to go into polyurethane.
just suspension sells full kits and all that.

-
Back