Pontiac Gone

-
I have read that too, but then i also hear its a rumor. They should get rid of Buick instead, but i guess they sell real good in China.

Doh, Just heard now on the news. If so, its going to piss of the Firebird guys, they make a new Camaro, but no Firebird.

As a ('67) Firebird owner, I remove my hat and hold it over my heart. As a ('72) Duster owner, I done the same a while back.
RIP Pontiac...
Cal Hyer

I hate to see the domestic auto industry do down the tubes. What the hell will we make in this country?

Doh, Just heard now on the news. If so, its going to piss of the Firebird guys, they make a new Camaro, but no Firebird.

Yeah, no kiddin, did you see any of the sketches for the prototype Firebirds and Trans Ams?? Blow the look of the Camaro out of the water. Sketched out to have the same shoulder as the new Maro, but with a front clip resembling the 79 Trans Am and Trans Am tail. They were also drawn and thought up with a shaker hood somewhat like the Vette ZR1 with the shaker being see through. It's a shame that those cars won't be made if Pontiac is truly deceased.

Yeah, i did see the drawings for the new Firebirds, the Trans Am drawing looks way better than a Camaro.

Pretty sad if Pontiac goes away, i have always been a fan of the GTO, GP and Bonneville's, would buy one too, if there was one around that i could afford.

Hey that means that my 2002 Grand Prix GTP will be a collector car worth millions at the next Barrett Jackson.:toothy10:

Terry

Many memories of Pontiacs. I was a little kid,maybe 4 or 5. I was with my dad in his buddies' early '70's Formula doing like 120 up the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut. Spent my childhood in the back of a '77 Safari wagon. My dad had two Fire chickens, a yellow '67 rag top that got rear ended and a greenish/silver '70 with PMD wheel covers.

Sucks to hear.

I hate to see things like that happen, even if it is a GM product. This country is in real trouble, we need to buy more products made here and maybe we can save some of our heritage. I tuned in one of my favorite radio stations today only to find that they now play Chinese music. Yup, Chinese music! Nothing is safe here, even our music.

Yeah, memories indeed, a buddy of mine had a 70 GTO Convert, 4sp, RA4, his dad had a 68-69 GP, or what ever the year was that had the Wheels integrated with the brake drums, held on by the lugs on the outer part of the rim, aluminum axle too i think

I can honestly say that I would much rather them get rid of freakin caddys then pontiacs.... but NOOOOOO, they HAVE to keep those. What ever will the rappers and old people do without their caddys

My G/F has an 06 Pontiac G6 GT 2-door Black on Black. 210hp. Goes like snot for what it is. I lay the pedal down every now and then and she yells at me for it but I just tell her that you gotta let the car strech her legs and feel the open road every so often, after all you dont get a 210hp car to Sunday drive it all the time lol.

ya but really what is the last cool pontiac ? ?
My dads Pontiac is cool..

CIMG2548.jpg

I have a 2004 Grand Prix GTP. Best car I've ever owned. guess I'm going to have to take care of it now.

Yup what once was Smokey and the Bandit is now Fast and Furious.
I can imagine Fully Charged and Falkin Crazy in our future with junk like Smart Car and circus clowns.
To close Pontiac before building the T/A is just another bad decision by GM

TA 02.JPG

people are complaining the roof on the new chally is too high.
i saw a new camaro ,the roof looks chopped??
still very cool.

i haven't been able to find anything on this , is there a link someone can post for this?........ i too will be suprised and sad to see pontiac go. really liked the bonnevilles, gp's, goats ect...i was also sad although not as sad when oldsmobile went away. i always liked the cutlass. as bad as chrysler is i think gm is way worse.....

-
Back