Poorly worded for sale titles.

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I just want to throw this out there. I see dozens if not hundreds of for sale threads per week on this form where you don’t know what is actually for sale. For instance, the title will be “hood for sale”, or “fender for sale”, or “bumper for sale”. Why not add more detail and say something like, “69 Barracuda hood for sale”, “72 Dodge dart fender for sale”, or “70 Plymouth duster bumper” for sale. I would think you’re going to have a much better chance of having the targeted audience actually look at your ad. That’s just me thinking out loud.

If I'm not looking, I IGNORE every sales ad.
When I'm looking to buy something, the ads are a blessing but otherwise, they clog up the forum and are annoying to see. FABO has a better system than FBBO. You can IGNORE THREAD in fewer steps here compared to there.
Back to the original point....YES, a more descriptive title is much better. The instructions are clearly listed on the head page when one starts a sales thread. People are lazy though.

That's too much hassle. You're talking about the people that want the absolute most out of something, for the least amount of effort.

Lol, think that's bad?

Try searching E-bay motors
1969 Barracuda USED Time ending soonest

1720121364584.png

The first four items that show up...............
1720121177497.png

Then ya' look at "Item Specifics" of the rouge ad and you'll see why...........
1720121710300.png

A basic application in the title would be best. I don't own or need a 72 Dart fender so there's no reason for me to open the thread. If I did, that would be the first place to look because the information is there. It shows up in the search function as well. . Occasionally I edit the titles but only if I have the time. How about thee title "Wanted" and that's all. :rofl: Don't complain when you don't get any action on your ad. Or, don't complain when the staff deletes your next post which is usually "anyone"? :BangHead::lol:

We are all human, we all make mistakes. It is interesting how we can write a title that seems to make sense that is actually missing words or has stuff misspelled. Our minds sometimes fill in gaps when words are missing.
One mantra that I adopted years ago directly pertains to making it easier for others to help.
Help me help you. Make it easy for others. Don't make it hard for me to help you. In construction, I often needed help from others to lift or move heavy things. I made sure that before they came over to help, I had everything ready so they weren't wasting time standing around waiting on me.
Don't write an ad title and submit it without looking close at it. Make sure it is clear and to the point. Buyers may scroll past poorly written ads even though the part that they really need is available. That is bad for everyone.
This forum is a great resource to sell stuff. The bonus? It costs NOTHING to do it!

Or how about;
For Sale; 67 Barracuda,
and then when you call it up, it says headlights, or some other stupid thing.

That irritates the hell out of me.

Has been pretty common on FABO lately.

Or how about;
For Sale; 67 Barracuda,
and then when you call it up, it says headlights, or some other stupid thing.
I have edited so many of those titles I lost count. I'm stopping that. The sellers get what they post.

A detailed title would be nice. I do a "lot" of looking for people who still have full time jobs and can't look throughout the day. That way I can clue them in and they can take a look.

I know it's my dirty mind but I glance at the title of this thread and I see "Poorly worded for sale titties".

I know it's my dirty mind but I glance at the title of this thread and I see "Poorly worded for sale titties".
Damn bait and switch, I was looking through this thread for titties. Here's one from back when women did not have trouser snakes.

1720247413919.png

1720247646484.png

-
Back