Popular Hot Rodding awareness....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Oct 2012 issue,pg 6.Someone named Ken Hamer,from Riverside,sent a message to PHR,about the beautiful 68 Valiant,Inland Mopars did.(Thank you,Ken if here!)The editor replies"We have our ear to the Mopar land,but the ground is silent".Should we start an earthquake,for Mr Hunkins?Curious,on your thoughts.....

The editor of PHR is an idiot. He made the statement a while back that no one in the Mopar world modifies their cars, only does concourse restorations and since that's not the flavor of PHR, he can't find Mopar's "worthy" of his mag.

I enjoy the exclusivity and brotherhood of the Mopar community. Walk softly, carry big pistol-grip stick.

Yes,Ramenth,I remember the scathing editorial from Mopar Action.Absolutely,spot on .

Maybe the reason PHR never hears from the Mopar crowd is because none of us are stupid enough to buy his rag!!!

My car was in PHR years ago. It was a picture I sent in they never contacted me just used the pic & write up on what I sent in. It won the MOTHERS PICTURE PERFECT AWARD for that issue, I was to receive a box of mothers products.

NEVER GOT SQUAT. So they SUCK in my book, go to any cruise night and you will see a lot of modified MOPARS

Precisly my point.A solid member here,states a message/letter about mopars.The the editor states,"I hear nothing,about Mopars anywhere".A few pages,after that page,they post a stunning 68 Valiant,with a big block in it.

Oct 2012 issue,pg 6.Someone named Ken Hamer,from Riverside,sent a message to PHR,about the beautiful 68 Valiant,Inland Mopars did.(Thank you,Ken if here!)The editor replies"We have our ear to the Mopar land,but the ground is silent".Should we start an earthquake,for Mr Hunkins?Curious,on your thoughts.....

Yeah, that was me but I'm not from Riverside. I used the Riverside location since that's where our club's chosen charity is located.
PHR chose a '68 Valiant for a buildup and they were unsure what direction they were going to take with it. Just to show what can be done with one of the "forgotten" Mopar A-bodies, I emailed Johnny Hunkins a pic of the '68 Valiant our club, Inland Mopars, built as our charity project car several years ago. FYI, the finished Valiant (with 400" big block, 727, 8.75 drivetrain, and RMS front AlterKtion and StreetLynx rear suspension was raffled off with all proceeds benefiting California School For the Deaf in Riverside, CA. As far as I know, the winner still owns and drives the Valiant.
As mentioned in PHR, all work except for paint and installation of the new Legendary interior was performed by Inland Mopars Car Club members. We also built a '67 Dart with a 360/904 engine tranny combo the previous year, and a Plumb Crazy Purple, Paxton-supercharged 360 '70 Dart the year after the Valiant. Both of those cars were also raffled off with proceeds benefiting CSDR.
We haven't built a charity project car since but we are returning to CSDR with our 13th annual all-Chrysler car show scheduled for 2013. Again, proceeds from the show will benefit the students of CSDR.

for one swore that I would never buy pop rod again after what they and chevrolet did to Project X.

for one swore that I would never buy pop rod again after what they and chevrolet did to Project X.

Oh don't even get me started on that one. I was part of the rebuild before GM got a hold of it. Talk about grateful and gracious for free work done under an impossible deadline.

-
Back