Por-15

-

MoparDemon

Reaction score
Hey, this might be a dumb question but can you paint over por-15? mainly wanting to know if paint will stick to it..Thx.:help:

Yes you can. I have done a few small spots of surface rust on my van and put POR15 over the bare metal. I let it dry overnight and scuffed and primed and painted it with no problems. Also POR 15 makes primer that is made for painting over POR 15. I bought some to paint the bottom of my car that is already has POR15 on it buy haven't had time to paint it yet so I don't know how good it works yet. I just know if you use regular epoxy primer make sure you scuff it so it is really dull before priming.

X2 just be sure to give it a good scuffing before attempting to paint over it. Needs a slighly rough surface to adhere to so the primer/paint doesn't peel.

POR15 peels over time on bare metal and paint. "Chassis saver" is their new product. it adheres to anything. It still is UV sensitive even though they say it isn't. Alot better than POR15.

That's great to know since I just finished using POR 15 on my axle, k member, front inner fenders, rear wheel wells, fllor pans and beneath the rockers......... I still have 1/2 qt for the trunk left but the weather may not be warm enough to apply before it is too late this year!!!

I used por15 on my floor pan and dusted it with rattle can primer before the por15 dried. it privided a nice grippy surface for my home-brewed lizard skin to adhere to.

-
Back