Porting RHS/Indy heads

-

mopar4x4stroker

Reaction score
At this point, I'm just doing some gasket matching, pushrod relief, valve boss blending.

My question is, do I dare touch the short turn/bulge further past the pushrod tubes?
I plan to do some bowl/seat work on the exhaust bowls, but the intake bowls look plenty good ootb.

Any advise is welcome. Thanks

20170805_000149.jpg

20170805_010655.jpg

20170805_020705.jpg

My advice would be to talk to Brian at IMM Engines, as he has extensive experience with the RHS heads and would be one of your best resources for this.

IMMENGINES.COM

My advice would be to talk to Brian at IMM Engines, as he has extensive experience with the RHS heads and would be one of your best resources for this.

IMMENGINES.COM

Thanks Gamedog, thats sound advice. Thats who I sourced them from. Brians a great guy and a busy guy. I figured I'd check the forums first. Easier to get a visual with pictures and such, rather than over the phone (might have to call and then correspond via email). Not sure if he frequents the forums much anymore.

Lightly blend the bowl, leave any venturi shape alone after that. You can blend the guide as well. Hard to screw that up and you might find 12 cfm or so there depending on their current form.

Last edited:
The picture, that i seen of Brian's RHS head porting, it didn't include any Short Side Radius (ssr) work. just a little shaping of the ramp, up to the ssr. I'm sure there was more that he did, but you could see that the SSR was as cast.

-
Back