Porting W2 heads

-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody out there doing CNC porting W2 heads?
Or and body recommend for porting W2 heads
thanks

Dave, ain't there a fella right there in Ct. That does some ace work? I covet his name right now.

Dave, ain't there a fella right there in Ct. That does some ace work? I covet his name right now.

I know a couple that hand port. I do not know if we a talking about the same person. I do know there are some old school porting here that work, but there is a few guys out their can make these heads flow real good and not screw them up. I Like to find somebody that does the CNC porting. It takes a lot less time. I will not be waiting 3 months.

I just picked my W2's up from Speier Racing heads over the weekend. I don't think he enjoys the iron work (he hand ported), but I'll give him a high recommendation though. And he got it done in a month or so although he quoted 5-6 weeks at first. I learned a lot from chatting with him. Everyone gets caught up in CFM flow and really that's not what a good flowing head is all about. Check out post #49 here http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=257912&page=2.

I think member IQ52 here does some work???

I just picked my W2's up from Speier Racing heads over the weekend. I don't think he enjoys the iron work (he hand ported), but I'll give him a high recommendation though. And he got it done in a month or so although he quoted 5-6 weeks at first. I learned a lot from chatting with him. Everyone gets caught up in CFM flow and really that's not what a good flowing head is all about. Check out post #49 here http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=257912&page=2.

I think member IQ52 here does some work???

I agree and understand

Oh wow, we haven't done any W2 heads since the late 70's early 80's when they were running those heads in NASCAR.

Oh wow, we haven't done any W2 heads since the late 70's early 80's when they were running those heads in NASCAR.

This funny to read. My buddy and I run w2s. We go to the track and watch all these new heads out there, some do run but not impressed at all and then we run and people come over see w2 can't believe thats what we are running. The best is one of my buddies car that is a 73 duster (not a light car either) Street car column shift 340 stock stoke with TRW pistons and second gen w2 heads runs 11.18 and it still has more. Them you here people say that thing is stroke. We lol.
There is a 70 duster their that runs 9 teens with 340 w2.
New is not always Better. Everybody is just stuck on the aluminum. Just because is it easier to cut.
If I am going to spend the money on a Big motor I am going Kent Ritter Block with W9 heads

Did you try Modern Cylinder Heads for a CNC porting on W2?

GRE Galto Racing Enterprises does amazing work. He doesn't get caught up on what head it is just what the port can do. He has many cylinder heads that hold records and did an excellent job on my friends dragster motors. If mine go anywhere they'll go to Jim Galto.

-
Back