Possessed wipers

-

71Duster

Reaction score
My 71 Duster with Rallye cluster came to me with no wiper motor. I put in a good 2 speed, reservoir with elec pump, switch etc.

Under the dash when I put in the NOS 2 speed switch -tried 2- There are a few terminals that just have no place to go to. The wipers wont always park you have to jiggle the switch -this is on 2 switches and 3 motors.-

Now the car doesn't look to of had a foot pump and someone told me 2 speed cars all had foot pumps. Is it possoble my car was wired for a 3 speed?

71 duster, what are the wires coming from the bulkhead to the switch? I have a 71 but it is a 3 speed,switch and motor. (not original to the car) The wire leads are a minimum of 6. red, green (motor) blue, brown with trace, (motor) pink, brown (wiper pump). I had issues when I only hooked up all but the red, green. I was told even my switch may be wrong, but it is a 3 speed so I'll watch it and see if any other issues. Here is a link to a wiring schematic. Don't know if this will help...

http://www.mymopar.com/66to71_wiring.htm

I'll have a look and see but the harness came with the 2 speed motor. I was wonderign is the dahs wiring was different

The switch needs a good ground to the dash. Some year model 3 speeds wont stop without that ground.

I have a 2speed but thats still a good thought.

Now that I think about it since the dash was out to the body shop and repainted it never parks anymore where is was a 50/50 crap shoot before.

Hopefully thats it I'll put a jumper wire to ground and see tonight.

I have a 2speed but thats still a good thought.

Now that I think about it since the dash was out to the body shop and repainted it never parks anymore where is was a 50/50 crap shoot before.

Hopefully thats it I'll put a jumper wire to ground and see tonight.
check the wiper motors ground to firewall also. Good luck

Now it gets strange.

Either I've had a run of 3 bad used motors or theres somthing else.

Its all about how "slippery" the windshield is. Dry windshield no problem parks every time, wash the car or spray the washer fluid and it won't park untill it dries up. You can see it try and hesitates where it should park then it continues. Is this as simple as the sense for the park curcuit being bad?

Wish I had an answer . I know where the park cam is and how it is supposed to work but they changed the motor and switch wiring ao often. The early models ran same direction umtil park while later models would reverse the wipers in mid sweep and go to park. Not sure what year model that started.
This may be a clue though... I have a 68 here with 2 speed and foot pump. That wiper switch has 2 harness connecters on it. One of those contains only 3 wires.
You had mentioned 3 terminals with no where to go. Look for that connecter behind your switch.

-
Back