-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asktoro

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Not mine yet, probably going to keep it but I want to see if anyone out there has a demon in similar condition/set up. Really want a demon but this car's race ready and equally awesome. Street legal, runs on high octane, 383 with a slam stick auto. Bracket racer, I think its full tube frame, glass front end that folds out to open, high stage weight reduction, plastic fuel cell, I think 4 link? Also think it has time slips. I'll be able to give accurate info once I do the trade. It's been sitting two years.
imag0336g.jpg
imag0335t.jpg
imag0334w.jpg
imag0333r.jpg

Nice ride
I love the notch backs looks like it is set up well
it would be nice to see more pictures and specific info of the car.
street legal too...Snapp!

The best part about this car is it has a decal on the rear window saying "suck fumes chevy boy" :D Granted I like other makes of cars, but my first car was a dodge, and I love mopars! As soon as I find a driver, my ferd exploder is getting replaced, permanently and I dont think ill ever want to drive anything else ever again but chrysler/jeep/dodge!

I have a Demon in similar condition. I would like to know more info on this car? How fast, etc.......??

I should have all the info by tonight, more pics and possibly a video with sound ;). He got it up and running and boy does it ever run good, didn't take much, just some high oct go-go juice :) amazing car... its making it hard for me to want to rid it LOL!

Ok, as promised;

11 compression 383 stock mopar performance with dome pistons
747 racing transmission
Runs mid to high 11's
Hauls ***, literally!
Made for bracket racing.
fuel cell in rear, pressure/battery/oil gauges/shift light

Its mine now! I'm uploading a video to my facebook of it doing a run down a back road, the guy was driving it. Will post link to video soon. Love it... but I almost feel like it's too much power for me.

My bad, didint think having my FB on private setting would deny people from seeing the video. Gonna set it to public. Oh yeah, its probably obvious by now but it has a line lock for burnouts ;) Any bites? I'd take a Dodge Caliber SXT or Demon in same condition but doesnt absolutely have to be a racer. Although I gotta say the more i look at it and watch the video... the less inclined i feel to trade :p.... better make up your minds before I change my mind and decide to keep it!

Ok, these links *SHOULD* work.

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150801876185643

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150801903110643

More pics
imag0338i.jpg

imag0339w.jpg

The vids work, the second one is sideways and i almost hurt my neck watching it!
Decent car you have there.

I love it, it was an amazing opportunity to grab it. The only problem is it's not the a-body I want and I'm hoping someone out there has a demon in similar condition/set up/price that wants a 68 Barracuda more...

What do you mean by current state? And I'll go check. I know the guy cut out the dash and all, but at the DMV they gave me lic plates/tabs no problem.

No tags on doors or dash. Going to try to contact the PO and see if he has them or the guy before him, far shot really. If they matter that much to you I'll see what I can do to retrieve them, possibly get replacements if such thing is possible. DMV papers has the vin # at "1968 Plymouth BAR BH23B8B105266" Which basically is...

Barracuda
High price
Hard top
6 cyl "RG"
Michigan, Hamtramck

Havent put effort to see what the original paint code is.

Idaho does a physical inspection of the VIN while applying for a title transfer. if the VIN is not attached to the dash where it's supposed to be, it will not pass the inspection, and the title will not be transferred.

The Demon has been stripped down, and the exterior and engine compartment have been blasted and all paint removed. Body work has been started.

Whatever happened to the nice solid purple one you had? I'm definitely not looking for a project...

It's the same car. It was solid looking, and is actually solid, but it had several dents and dings that they filled with bondo. And the paint was super thin. The paint and bondo is all removed, and the straightening of the metal has begun. The body guy is perplexed that they spent so much time on the bondo when the metal itself was nice and just needed some massaging. He's excited to be working on the car. Most of the cars he gets in that are that old have a bunch of rust.

Ah... Wow, says a lot about original paint huh? Haha... I'm hoping for a demon so i can paint it white, put a blue stripe, dye the headlights blue. But yeah... I really can't do a project. I added cash to my trade to get this so I could get OUT of having to deal with a project...

Great news, guy still has vin tags, so I can pick em up tomorrow.

Tell ya what Damnimcooltom, you finish THAT car and I'll seriously consider it -- but as it sits, a project. I have neither the finances nor place to finish it. Honestly, I need a Dodge Caliber more -- reliable transportation>fun car. Once that's out of the way ill sell my ferd exploder and see what kind of projects are out there, wont be able to work on something until late november.

Sorry guys, too slow. Dad came home from Whitefish and took one look at it and wanted it. He's an old school racer. Prob gonna see us in spokane next year :)

That 68 is pretty sweet. It has 67 taillights like mine now and by the looks probably a fiberglass trunk lid too. The grill is 67 from what I can tell also.

What did you have to give for da fish?

He's going to buy me a dodge caliber, just want an SXT -- silver or white exterior, black or grey int, power everything 2.0L -- Gets 30 mpg total. He wants to tub it out, put a 500 ci block, alcohol blown, bump up the cage to a 12 pt. He wants to make it a 9 second car. When he gets around to the swap ill post pictures, and possibly put the engine/trans up for sale here for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back